Trying to Keep you Safe

This is a short chapter just an FYI. Sorry for such short chapters guys. I hope you like the story!❤️
________________________

[ Next Day, 4:30 p.m. ]

"Hey Rose." Peter smiles at me.

"Hey." I smile back.

"I need to tell you something." Peter says hesitantly.

"What is it?" I ask.

"I-I-," Peter can't get his words out for some reason.

"Peter, are you alright?" I ask.

"Yeah I'm fine I just-," Peter sighs, frustrated.

"Peter," I touch his arm,"what is it that you want to tell me?"

He sighs again.

"I-I forgot what I was going to say, sorry Rose. I'll try and remember." Then he walks away from me.

Last night I could hear Peter scream. I could hear him toss and turn in his sleep. I could hear my name coming from his mouth. What was he dreaming about? Was it me? It had to be. Right?

I walk down the hall to Peter's room and knock on the door. I don't hear an answer so I go in anyway.

"Peter?" I call out, I see a dark shadow sitting on the edge of his bed.

I go over and sit next to him.

"Peter," I say,"what's wrong?"

"Everything." He says sadly.

"What happened last night with you?" I asked.

Peter looks at me.

"How did you know about that?" He asks.

"I could hear you." I say.

"Oh, sorry." Peter rubs the back of his neck.

"Do you wanna tell me about it?" I ask.

All he does is shake his head.

"Alright," I start to stand but Peter's hand grabs my arm.

"I need to tell you something." His eyes look into mine.

"Ok." I sit back down. Peter's hand slides down my arm to my hand.

"I-," Peter was interrupted by Tony.

"Hey, bird man's back, we gotta go. Suit up." Then he left quickly.

"Get ready and I'll meet you in the living room in about three minutes." Peter says.

I nod my head and go get change. Three minutes later Tony's waiting outside and Peter's in the living room.

"Lets go." I say but Peter stops me.

"Ok, I'm gonna get this out now," Peter says,"Rose, I care about you deeply. I can't let anything hurt you, I care about you too much." Peter moves closer to me, our lips centimeters apart. "That's why I can't let you go." Peter whispers to me. I feel a pain in my arm and gasp. Peter holds a syringe with some sort of liquid in it. I start to get tired.

"Peter, wha-?" My voice gets soft.

Peter lifts me up and carries me over to the couch, then sets me down gently.

"I'm really sorry about this," Peter says,"I'm just trying to keep you safe that's all. We'll be back, I promise." Then Peter and Tony leave me while my vision goes black and I pass out.