"I'm sorry"

"I'm sorry...." Peter's voice echoes in my mind. My eyes flutter open. What time is it? How long was I out for? I look at the clock on the wall and it reads 8:25 p.m. Why would Peter do such a thing?

Peter. He left. He's going to get himself killed!

I get off the couch but fall back onto it. My head seems to spin, or is it the room? I shake my head and it clears up a bit.

"I have to get to Peter." I say to myself.

I grab my mask and take a few deep breaths. Then I jump off the balcony and swing towards trouble.

🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸

"F.R.I.D.A.Y., get me the location of Tony Stark and Peter Parker." She pulls up a map and their beacons. "Thank you." I say.

"You're welcome Rose." She replies.

I swing in their direction and come across a big mess. Tony lying on the ground unconscious. Peter, in the hands of the Vulture. Peter has blood dripping from his mouth. His face is beaten up, his suit torn.

I land gracefully behind the Vulture and shoot a web at his back.

"Miss me?" I smile.

"You!" He growls. He drops Peter and lunges after me, but I quickly jump over him.

"Missed me!" I laugh.

The Vulture tries to grab me but I dodged his hands. I shoot my webs at his face and smile.

"Ahh!" The Vulture cries as he tries to get the webs off.

I run towards the Vulture to finish him off, but he smacks me with one of his metal wings. It sends me flying back towards a metal pole. My back and head hurt the worse. The air knocked out of me. I try to get up off the ground but something stops me from doing so.

"Trying to be a hero?" The Vulture asks.

"I already am one!" The weight of his boot presses down more. A scream escapes my mouth. If he pushes down anymore, my ribs are going to break.

Peter tackles the Vulture off of me. I stand up quickly and look for Tony. Once I spot him I run over to him.

"Open mask." I command, and the mask opens.

Tony's eyes are closed, his breathing is slow.

"Wake up Stark!" I shout,"wake up!"

He doesn't respond.

"Don't make me slap you!" I warn. Tony doesn't move.

"Don't get mad at me for this." I whisper. I bring my hand up, then down as hard as I could onto Tony's face. He woke up instantly.

"What the hell?!" He exclaims.

"Hey, at least you're awake now." I smile.

"Thanks kid." Tony says as he puts his mask back on. He flies towards Peter and the Vulture. Soon I join in.

Now it's us three fighting the Vulture. We're a pretty good team.

The Vulture grows furious with us and spins around, his wings spread out to full length. One wing hits me in the face sending me back. One wing winds up hitting Peter in the stomach sending him a few feet away from me. But Stark doesn't get hit. He keeps fighting. While Stark fights the Vulture, I make my way towards Peter.

"Peter are you ok?" I ask as I help him up.

"Not really." He groans as he stands.

"Why are you here Rose?" Peter asks.

"I want to help," I say," I just can't let you die."

A blast of energy sends me and Peter flying in different directions. It wasn't Tony who did it, it was the Vulture.

Tony lies on the ground with one of the Vultures clawed feet on top of him. A gun points towards Peter. He's not looking, he's going to get killed.

I stand up and clutch my left arm. Peter isn't that far away from me. I can make it to him.

I start to limp, then I start to run. Pain shoots up my spine but I ignore it.

The Vulture cocks the gun.

Tony's helmet is off, his eyes following me. He knows what I'm going to do.

I'm so close to Peter now.

Tony shouts a warning towards Peter.

Peter turns around and sees the gun. He knows he doesn't have enough time to get out of the way.

The Vulture pulls the trigger. I jump towards Peter.

"NO!" I scream. Im completely in front of Peter now. The bullet heads straight towards me.

Everything begins to slow down. I thought back to all the good times I had with my mom, my aunt, Tony, Peter and everyone else. The time Tony came to my apartment, the time I first met Peter. His smile and awkwardness. How he made me laugh when I was sad. How he comforted me. How he cared for me. Now I'm going to miss it all. Everything began to speed up.

Something hits my stomach. My body screams with pain. I feel like my stomach is on fire.

I land hard on the ground. My head facing towards the night sky.

"NO!!!!" Peter yells. I hear fighting, metal on metal. My head turns slowly to the side to watch the fight. Peter and Tony are winning.

I turn my head to look towards the sky. The stars are so beautiful. My right hand reaches towards my stomach. It feels warm and gooey. I bring my hand towards my face and look at my own blood.

"So this is what it feels like to die?" I thought.

I start to feel cold. Very cold. I have to stay awake.

I hear shouts and the fading sound of an engine. The Vulture must've left.

"Good." I thought.

I hear footsteps sprinting towards me. They skid right next to me. Peter drops down on his knees next to me. His eyes filled with tears.

"He-hey Pete-Peter." I stutter. It hurts to talk.

"Hey." He says softly, a tear runs down his face.

"Why did you do that Rose? Why?" Peter sniffs.

"Because I care about you too." I smile weakly.

Tony stands behind Peter now, then kneels next to me.

"Paramedics are on their way." He says to Peter.

Peter nods.

"Stay with me ok?" Peter chokes out.

"It hurts." I cry.

"I know it does, just keep focusing on me." Peter held my hand in his.

I could hear sirens in the distance. My vision became blurry.

"I'm so cold Peter." Tears fall down my cheeks.

"Stay with me Rose." Peters voice seems to be fading away from me.

"Peter." My voice sounds like a whisper.

"Yes Rose?" Peter replies.

"I'm sorry." Then everything seemed to fade away. Tony's shouts, Peter telling me to wake up, they all fade away. I'm then overcome by blackness.