A Vulture searching for its Prey

"Good morning Rose." Tony smiled at me. 

"Hi?" I said confused, I've never seen Tony stark smile like that before. I looked over towards Peter who was avoiding eye contact with me.

"Peter." I called.

"Hmm?" Peter answered.

"What's up with you and Tony?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Tony has never smiled like that before and you're avoiding eye contact with me." I crossed my arms.

Peter scoffed.

"Avoiding eye contact, since when?"

"Since now." I said.

Peter didn't say anything else.

"Fine, I'm going to swing around the city by myself." I went into my room and put my suit on, then I left Avengers tower.

"Why isn't he talking to me?!" I shouted in my head,"why was he avoiding eye contact with me?!" I landed on a nearby ledge and perched myself there. I could over look almost half the city. It was nice up here. I claimed this as my "get away" spot to relax.

My senses started to go off, but I ignored the person behind me.

"Isn't it just beautiful,"the man said,"to see the city up here and all the people that occupy it."

I turned around.

"I'm assuming you're here to kill me?" I asked.

The man laughed.

"No, not yet," he smiled," I want him to watch as I kill you."

"What's with your name,Vulture? Is that supposed to mean something?"

The Vulture didn't say anything else.

"Hmm, guess not." I said quietly.

"You found my warning didn't you?" The Vultures voice got cold.

I froze.

"You will pay for what you did!" I said through clenched teeth.

"That won't happen." He smiled,"I will bathe this city in a sea of red once I'm done with you and your boyfriend. I will kill you in front of him and he won't be able to stop me! You can't even stop me Rose."

My eyes widened underneath my mask.

"How did you know my name?!" I tried to hide my fear.

"I have my ways." The Vulture smiled and took off towards the sky.

"How does he know my name?" I thought to myself. Then it hit me. The night me and Peter both revealed our secrets to each other, the Vulture must have been there, somehow he heard us. If he knows my identity, then he must know Peters!

I quickly jumped off the building and swung back towards the Avengers tower. I meant to head towards Starks landing pad, but something flashed across my vision. I saw what seemed to be green glowing eyes and wings. The Vulture is already haunting me. I missed the landing pad and ran into one of Starks windows. I hit it with great force that the window actually broke when my body connected with it. I hit the ground and rolled to a stop. I could hear footsteps running towards me.

"Rose!" Peter said worried,"are you alright?!" He wrapped his left arm around my waist and used his right hand to hoist me up off the ground.

I took off my mask and brushed myself off.

"I'm fine." I said calmly. When I was completely standing, Peter hadn't let go of my waist.

I cleared my throat. Peter then let go of my waist.

"I'm gonna go back to my room and take this off." I gestured to my suit.

"Did you talk to him?" Peter asked suddenly.

I stopped and turned around.

"Yes, and apparently he knows our true identities." Before Peter could say anything else, I asked him where Tony was.

"In his shop." Peter said.

"I'll be in there if you need me then." I said and walked away.

"Geez Rose," I said to myself,"how rude can you be?" I made a mental note to apologize to Peter after my visit with Stark.