Chapter Seventeen

Eric was listening to me patiently as I explained this morning's events. After I finished talking about Misty and Henry, he finally spoke up.

"So you think Henry is the one behind this all?" he asked while holding the pen he had been writing with up against his lips.

"It would make a lot of sense," I replied with a shrug.

"If I find out that he was the stupid asshole that attacked me the other night I will break both his legs," Cassie spoke from the back of the room.

We were all huddled in Eric's office and had been there as soon as I'd returned from Kennedy High.

"We still don't know if it was him, Cassie," Turner reminded her. He was also in the room standing less than a meter apart from her. "We don't even know if it was a guy."

Cassie clenched her fists. "Either way, they're going to get it when we find out who they are."

"Are we going to find out who they are?" I asked turning around to face them leaving my back to Eric. "You guys have had unsuccessful missions."

"Every agency has unsuccessful missions, but they're usually because agents get killed or the suspect flees to an unknown location. I highly doubt that will happen on high school mission." Eric answered.

I knew that he was probably right, but the thought of actually dying on this mission scared me. All I had to do was find out who was dealing the drug, get my evidence and then we could arrest them. But it was proving to be more of a challenge than I thought. At this point, anything drastic happening on this mission seemed completely possible - and that scared me.

Cassie opened up the laptop that had been resting on her lap. "Okay, now show me where this Henry guy was with the girl this morning."

I walked over to her, standing behind her and looked at the footage that was playing on the screen. "Go to the camera in front of the main lockers," I instructed.

She did as I said opening a new video.

"Fast forward to 10:30" I continued.

She pressed down a button on the video and everything began to speed up. A moment later I saw myself walk into the picture. This had been just after my conversation with Principal Constance.

"Okay stop," I said leaning in to see the video better.

I watched myself lean down and sit on the ground to put my books away in my locker. A moment later I saw Tasha come up behind me.

"Okay, he's coming on any second....here." I pointed at Henry as he entered the shot. I recognized his clothing from earlier today.

Once she nodded, I left her and walked back over to where Eric was sitting behind his desk.

"I'm going to look over this footage in my office," Cassie announced as she gripped her laptop tightly and opened the door.

"I'll come too," Turner said following her as they both exited the room. It took me a moment to remember that they were together in a way so they probably could have just gone off to make out. I really hoped that wasn't the case because we needed all the help on this mission that we could get.

I also remembered something else. Brad. How was I going to tell Eric?

"Um, so" I began, trying to sound casual "Brad was talking to me this morning."

Eric stayed exactly how he was waiting for me to finish.

"And he kinda..." I continued. "Kinda asked me out."