Chapter 3

Toby's  POV

Toby: Spence, do you want to play Scrabble?

Spencer: Sure. Are you going to beat me for once?

Toby: Maybe, we will see.

Spencer: I don't think so. Before we play I just want to say I love you.

Toby: I love you too

I leaned over the board and kissed her, and then started playing.

After there was at least 15 words on the board Spencer got up to go to the bathroom. This was the moment I was waiting for. I rearrange the tiles on the board right before she walks back into the room.

Spencer: Hey! Were you touching the board? Cheater! You just know you can't win against me.

Toby: Just read what it says

When she looks down at the board only 4 words were left. The tiles read

Will You Marry Me

I see Spencer look up at me with a huge smile on her face and tears in her eyes.

Toby: I know we haven't been back together for a long time, but I know that I love you more than anything in the world and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I can't lose you like I've done too many times before. So Spencer Jill Hastings...

I pull out a ring box from my back pocket

Toby:  ...Will you marry me?

Spencer: Of course!

I slid the ring onto her finger and pushed the scrabble board out of the way so I could hug her.

Spencer: I love you so much! And the ring is absolutely beautiful.

Toby: I love you too. And I can't wait for you to be my wife!