Chapter 13

April 29th
Baby 1 day old

Toby's POV

Over the night the baby crashed and had to be taken into surgery. Spencer was asleep so I didn't wake her up until after the surgery.

Toby: Hey Spence. Did you sleep well?

Spencer: Where's the baby?

Toby: He is still in the NICU. Over the night he was taken into another surgery.

Spencer: Why didn't you tell me?!!

Toby: I didn't want to wake you up just to worry. He is stable now but they are worried that he will keep crashing.

Spencer: What do you mean?

Toby: He might have a problem with his vocal cords.

Spencer: Does that mean he won't speak?

Toby: I will call the doctor in

Doctor: Hello. As of now your baby's vocal cords are ok. However, we have to do some tests to see if that was the cause of the inflamed airway.

Spencer: So he will be able to speak?

Doctor: Yes. He has cried since the surgery so that shows that he will be able to talk unless we have to do a more invasive procedure.

Spencer: Is he stable now?

Doctor: Yes. He is going through a couple tests. I believe his air way was just inflamed which is more common than you would think. In that case, we would keep him for observation for a week to make sure nothing else happens. We just have to make sure that is all it was.

Spencer: Thank you.

Spencer: I guess we need to choose a name.

Toby: Yeah. What are your top picks?

*Help me choose a name for the Spoby baby! Comment them below and I will choose my favorite*