Prologue

A boy with (H/S), mid-length, (H/C) hair took a deep breath of fresh air as he opened his (E/C) eyes and looked over the breathtaking view of Tokyo while perched on top of his apartment. Life was as it usually was, living and getting around places on foot like the most hardcore couriers and messengers you could imagine.

He wore a (F/c) t-shirt, along with his favorite (F/c) collared hoodie. The sleeves were rolled up his forearms to expose a circuitry tattoo of sorts on his right arm, with a (F/c) cross in the center, and a black red-accented, high-end smartwatch on the left wrist, along with a black and red fingerless glove on his right hand. He also had a smaller circuitry tattoo that encircled his right eye and a scar over his left eye.

(A/N): Yes, I know, there's so much (F/C) in this part...Seriously though, just make each (F/C) you see throughout this fanfiction any color of your choice, it doesn't have to be your favorite color.

He wore black, ankle-tight sweatpants and a pair of black Nike HTM2 Running Boots.

This boy's name was (Y/N) (L/N).

The Past

Back in (Hometown), you had spent five good years training in mostly parkour and freerunning skills since you started at the age of twelve. Now (Hometown) had turned into a completely different place.

Some changes to (Hometown) that the Conglomerate had made, sparked rebellion and protests against the Conglomerate as riots were everywhere. Some were put down with police brutality, some were persecuted, some were even killed on the spot.

You were, of course, one of those many people who weren't fond of those changes.

In fact, most of the population didn't like said changes, but the Conglomerate carried on with them anyway. People like you who traveled all over town to try and chip away at the changes that the Conglomerate was making, which mostly consisted of being the most hardcore couriers and messengers who traveled places on the foot, using the fastest routes they could find on the go.

You called yourselves Runners. The tattoos, much like the one you have, are what indicate a person as a true Runner.

Seeing that you were the best out of all Runners for your age, you thought yourself to be unstoppable when it came to traveling across any sort of landscape on foot. Your body pulsed with energy, and your mind, heart, and soul always yearned for adventure with every pounding step you took in life itself.

By simply freerunning and looking at the environment and your surroundings in a whole new light, you could to fulfill your yearning for adventure with every second, every minute, every hour, and every day. The entire world was filled with pathways, conduits, possibilities, and escape routes, all for you to take on and use to your advantage or at your own leisure. You always went with the flow, and that's exactly what's kept you alive.

In the meantime, you were also chased down by the authorities, but your unparalleled agility, stamina, and easy understanding of your surroundings; all of those qualities, among other things, easily turned the odds in your favor every time. Day after day, you kept out of sight and got around places as fast as you could, and the authorities wouldn't be able to catch you, much less bother you.

The thrill of that, felt absolutely amazing. Exploring every cityscape you were to ever come across was what you were born to do.

It all just made you feel so free. The entire world...was your parkour playground...

The Present

...and it was just yesterday when one of your friends, who was also a Runner, brought you an invitation letter sent by the principal of Hope's Peak Academy, along with the title of the Super High-School Level Runner.

Now, today was the day you would start off your first day at Hope's Peak Academy. And what could be better than kicking off your morning with a good ol' dash? You took a few steps back to get a good run-up as you looked ahead, the red echo of the Runner's Vision on your beatLink leading you to a side and through what seemed to be a safe path.

"Nah...too slow. Let's try something else..." You said to yourself as you turned off your Runner's Vision, then broke into a run towards the edge. 

At the last second, you pushed your feet off the ground, soaring above the street.

"WOO HOO!" You yelled in excitement as you rolled upon landing on the roof of another building. Building up your speed, the world around you started to slip by in a blur of speed as you jumped from rooftop to rooftop, making your way to Hope's Peak.

With your immediate knowledge of your surroundings, you were able to reach your destination in only a matter of minutes.

Running down the walkway that lead straight to Hope's Peak Academy, you slowly came to a stop in front of the gates to take a small breather. After a minute of resting, you then prepared to enter the first day of your future.

Suddenly, your vision immediately started to swirl and blur as you then passed out from a random dizziness. As your vision started to fade to black, you suddenly had a feeling. 

A feeling of despair...that you'd soon be locked away from that world, that parkour playground you loved so much...