Welcome to Despair Academy: Episode 1 - 2

"Alright, so is everyone done here?" Ishimaru asked the other students, who nodded in response. "Good! As (Y/N) suggested earlier, we'll have everyone be put into groups to search different parts of the school to see if we can find anything useful! Is that understood?"

"I still prefer to search alone." Byakuya stated coldly.

"Well, that's just too bad, 'cause things are never gonna go your way." (Y/N) said, throwing the Heir's cold tone back in his face.

Meanwhile, the SHSL Writing Prodigy was silently holding herself and drooling, the thought of being with Togami throughout the entire killing game.

Unfortunately for Byakuya, this didn't go unnoticed by (Y/N) as he smirked. "Well, looks like you've already got someone who wants to volunteer. Like I said, that's just too bad."

"Hmph." Byakuya said flatly.

After everything was said and done, everyone had split into groups of four and searched the school. Seeing as Sakura and Asahina had found a gate that blocked off some stairs, everyone realized their boundaries of confinement were limited to the first floor.

Well, at least most of it anyway...

So far, everyone had found a multimedia room of sorts, as well as an incinerator, laundry room, and bathhouse, which unfortunately was blocked off by Monokuma tape.

In the meantime, the students were also looking for anything that could lead to their escape, but Monokuma was sure to plan ahead, so no one found anything.

Mondo was rambling on about how he had been hitting away at the giant door for an hour and couldn't even make a single dent. Apparently, Celestia pointed out that that everything used to seal everyone in was made of iron, so trying to bust their way out with Sakura's strength would be out of the question.

After a good amount of time was spent searching the first and only accessible floor, everyone gathered in the dining hall to discuss what everyone had found. There was the multimedia room, an incinerator room, a laundry room, assigned dorms (duh! XD), along with a bunch of other places.

The kitchen was another thing too, as Chihiro explained to everyone that based on what Monokuma told her, the kitchen would get restocked with food every day, based on how much everyone had eaten.

'Huh. Apparently that bear was dead serious about the budget thing that he mentioned...then again, this is a government-funded institution...' (Y/N) thought, thankful that he didn't say that out loud; it would've been slightly embarrassing.

"No need to be embarrassed about it, (Y/N). We all make mistakes from time to time." Maizono said to (Y/N) with a smile as she patted him on the back.

(Y/N)'s eyes suddenly widened in slight surprise, until he realized what Maizono just did. "...Seriously?"

"I can read your mind!" Maizono giggled as every head turned in her direction.

"Uh, you're not serious, are you? Please tell me you're joking..." Yasuhiro said nervously.

"I doubt that. I've seen this before..." (Y/N) asked with closed eyes and a smile, remembering how one of his friends and fellow Runners did the exact same thing.

"No, seriously, I'm an esper!" Maizono giggled. (Y/N) only raised an eyebrow at her.

"If that's what you're implying, then how come you admitted to only having keen intuition when you were having a talk with Naegi?" (Y/N) asked with a smirk plastered on his face.

"Wait, you heard that?!" Maizono asked with a surprised look on her face.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." (Y/N) chuckled.