Welcome To Despair Academy: Episode 1 - 4.5

Flashback!

You were parkouring your way across buildings with a bag slung over your back as you vaulted a chain link fence with ease, then built up as much speed as you could as you jumped onto another building and heard another friend of yours tap into your earpiece.

"You're making good time, Stallion. Wolf's almost at the comms tower. Just give him the bag and he'll take it from there."

"Not a problem, Merc." You responded as you slammed a door open and ran through a series of hallways.

From what you saw in the flashback, you remembered something about this being a low-key mission between you and a friend of yours named Alan (codename Wolf), that involved a simple objective of delivering goods to a small rebel refuge.

A simple objective that no longer became simple when shit was about to hit the fan as soon as a news chopper spotted you and tipped you off.

"Wires are going crazy about you, Stallion; some blues are headed your way." Merc warned, much to your dismay.

"Dammit, already? I thought that was just an ordinary helicopter..." You muttered in annoyance.

"Hey, it's what you get for wasting your damn time tagging a billboard, Stallion, now get your ass moving!" Merc scolded as you mentally groaned.

As expected, you ran into authorities on your way to the objective, and you either had to evade and escape them, or simply fight them.

Matters were made worse when you realized the rooftop you were on, was a rather open area, with not a lot of things to use as cover, aside from a large array of A/C units.

"You don't have much time, Stallion, get through them as fast as possible!"

Your brain almost went on autopilot as you ran out into the open and towards the nearest police officer.

He was slow to pull out his gun as you elbowed him square in the face and knocked him out. Grabbing his gun, you used the unconscious officer as a shield as your vision zoomed in on the other officers like a sniper scope.

After having dealt with the other Blues, you tossed aside the gun you had as you continued to make your way towards the comms tower.

So far, there was nothing but a few Blues armed with pistols and nightsticks. Nothing you couldn't handle, right?

...

Wrong.

"SWAT's swarming on you, kid, find a way out of there!"

You made a break for the catwalk as you jumped onto it and entered the rooftop of another building.

"You've almost lost 'em! Patching Wolf in!" Merc informed.

"I heard a shit ton of gunfire, (Y/N), what the hell is going on?!" Wolf asked through your earpiece.

"Everything just went from zero to a hundred real damn fast! A news chopper tipped me off and now I've got Blues all over my ass!" You yelled as you grabbed onto a zip line and slid down onto a crash mat as you rolled to disperse the impact.

"No word on what's gotten the Blues so trigger happy, but I'll keep on it." Merc informed.

Dashing towards an open vent, you quickly fell on your rear end as you slid into it and shot out of the other side and into a small room.

Quickly exiting that room, you ran back outside as you turned to your left and began to wallrun onto a pipe as you climbed up to the top and found another zip line.

Sliding down said zip line and onto another building, you slid into a nearby vent and crawled through it as quickly as possible. You then fell down a hole in the vent and found yourself standing before...

...a shit ton of SWAT.

'Crap...' That was the only thought that ran through your mind as you turned around and high tailed it out of there.

You heard the SWAT open fire as you ran up a wall and jumped off and onto the very top of the red staircase as you slammed the door open and spotted the comms tower on the building right next to yours, along with Wolf.

"Toss it here!"

As you threw the bag over to Wolf, you heard a door slam open as you spun around to face several SWAT armed with machine guns.

"Shit..."

"Stallion, get the hell out of there!" Wolf yelled.

As your instincts kicked in, you suddenly felt a surge of power coursing through you.

Without even realizing it at first, you had taken off like a rocket as you dashed towards the edge and pushed your feet off the ground, jumping higher and farther than you expected.

"Holy shit, Stallion! How did you even...?!"

You were already soaring through the air before landing hard on another building.

With utter and complete confusion washing over you, you checked yourself for any injuries and came up unscathed.

"Okay...that, should've hurt..." You said to yourself as Wolf contacted you via earpiece.

"Stallion. Turn around and look at what you just did..." Following his instruction, you now had a Godsmack jaw dropping expression on your face.

With a single jump, you had cleared a few buildings.

"Well, you're fucked." Wolf laughed.

"Shut the hell up, Wolf. Stallion, you've got some explaining to do."

Flashback End!

Even through all the pain, you were still able to open your eyes as you took this moment to process everything.

You were sitting against the wall in the shower of your own bathroom, in the middle of a large blood splatter. Your head felt like it had just been run over by a truck, you had a kitchen knife in your left shoulder, and your gash from last night was reopened.

You then put two and two together and you realized what had happened.

"So...I almost died, didn't I?" You grunted at you slowly got back up on your feet. "God, I should've seen that coming..."

As you grasped the kitchen knife with your left hand, you slowly began to pull it out, seething through the pain in agony as the blade left your flesh, the sharp metal painted with your blood.

Then, very slowly, your wounds began to heal. You put yet another two and two together and linked the events of the flashback to your current situation.

You felt all of your strength coming back as you left the bathroom.