Welcome To Despair Academy: Episode 1 - 4

Naegi's POV

Fear itself had hit me like a truck.

(Y/N) (L/N), the Super High School Level Runner...was dead.

It took me a moment to realize I'd followed Leon's example and was screaming as well, as the school chime went off.

*Ding dong, bing bong!*

"A body has been discovered!" Monokuma announced as we heard a frenzy of footsteps pounding down the hall and into the dorm as everyone got a good look at our friend, who now lay dead in such a cruel fashion.

A chorus of screams rang out around the room as I could do nothing but stare at the corpse, the feeling of despair washing over me as I did my best to push it away.

"Oh my god...no...NOOOOOOO!!!" Asahina screamed.

"Holy shit!" Mondo exclaimed.

"No no no, this CANNOT BE HAPPENING!!!" Yasuhiro yelled.

Toko had fainted at the sight of (Y/N)'s bloody corpse as a thump was heard.

Thinking back to how (Y/N) was on good, friendly terms with almost everyone, we all had horrified looks on our faces.

Celeste, Kirigiri, and Togami were the only ones with somewhat stoic expressions, but if those have taught me anything, I would've guessed that they were practically paralyzed with fear on the inside.

"S-so, whoever killed him...goes free?" Chihiro asked with fear present as day in her voice.

"Not yet! It's much more complex than that! Everyone gather at the gym for a brief announcement on what will happen next!" Monokuma announced with glee as we all looked at each other.

Third Person POV

After everyone gathered at the gym, they waited another minute for Maizono and Toko to regain consciousness.

Toko had regained consciousness and was still as shocked as everyone else when she remembered what happened to (Y/N).

A few minutes later, Maizono woke up.

"Unngggh...where am I?" Maizono mumbled as her eyes fluttered open.

"The gym." Chihiro answered.

"Naegi carried you here after we found you passed out." Asahina added as Maizono sat up.

Maizono was surprised and also touched at what Naegi did as a blush dusted her cheeks, but that was obviously the least of her worries. "Wait...where's (Y/N)?!"

A moment of silence passed as Maizono's ocean blue eyes slowly dilated.

"I'm afraid he's deceased. Homicide." Togami deadpanned.

Realization hit her as a flashback of seeing (Y/N)'s demise overtook her vision for a brief moment.

That flashback made Maizono feel like someone had ripped out her stomach and stomped on it repeatedly.

Quickly getting up, she bolted in the direction of the door, a mix of fear and grief painted all over her face as tears became visible in her eyes.

But much to her dismay, she was stopped by Ishimaru, who grabbed her wrist. "Where are you going?!"

"Where do you think I'm going?!? I can't just leave him there, can I?!?" Maizono shrieked.

"Maizono, wait! You need to calm down! I'm sorry, but..." Maizono turned to Naegi, who shut his eyes in grief and anger. "...it's too late."