Welcome to Despair Academy: Episode 1 - 1

There you go! First part of the first episode! And GODDAMN, it's long! XD Enjoy!

Darkness had overtaken (Y/N)'s vision upon his very first step into Hope's Peak Academy. It felt like the end...

Later...

"Urgh..." (Y/N) groaned as he slowly woke up and gained consciousness. Adjusting his vision to the place that he was in, he soon found himself to be sitting at a desk in a...classroom?

...

There was no mistaking it that he was in Hope's Peak, but something was definitely off, and it wasn't just how he just so happened to randomly end up in a classroom.

His thoughts were, 'What's with the iron plates and security cameras...?'

He then held down two fingers on his beatLink wristband to try and get in contact with another Runner...

'...'

'Wait...what happened to my beatLink?!' (Y/N) panicked upon realization that his beatLink smartwatch was gone. Without it, he had no BeatMap, no Runner Vision, nothing. Not even a clue about where he was in Hope's Peak.

'Guess I'm gonna have to explore this place blind then...' He thought as he glanced at the clock on the wall, which read 7:57.

Upon getting up and leaving the classroom, (Y/N) encountered another person, who appeared to be a boy with a dull green hoodie, an open black jacket, and brown spiky hair with an ahoge.

"Um...who are you?" The boy asked.

"Um...just some Super High-School Level student who happened to wake up in a classroom after falling into unconsciousness upon their first step in Hope's Peak..." (Y/N) shrugged as the boy's eyes went wide.

"That's exactly what happened to me, too! Do you remember anything else that happened?" The boy asked.

"Nope, I don't even know what caused my vision to start tripping out when I first arrived right in front of the gates of this school." (Y/N) replied.

"Likewise. But for now, we should look for other people in this school." The boy said.

"I agree. Oh, and the name's (Y/N) (L/N). Super High-School Level Runner." He said as the boy answered.

"What's with the tattoo on your arm and eye?"

"A story that will eventually be told some other time. Anyway, I still haven't gotten your name yet."

"Makoto Naegi. Super High-School Level Lucky Student. Nice to meet you."

"Likewise." (Y/N) said, getting a slight chuckle out of Naegi.

As (Y/N) and Naegi walked through the hallways of Hope's Peak, the former felt a sense of unease washing over him. Then he remembered that gut feeling he had when he passed out in front of the gates of what he thought to be his hope-filled future.

One look at Naegi told him that he probably had the same gut feeling.

As they both pushed that feeling aside, they checked the other rooms they came across, which all had windows barricaded with bolt-on iron plates.

"What the hell is with the iron plates? Is this school on lockdown or something?" (Y/N) asked.

"I don't know. Either that or something else, although I wish there was a good, reasonable answer for a lockdown like this..." Naegi said with a hint of nervousness.

After that was over and done with, (Y/N) and Naegi came across one room with a massive iron door and two gatling guns in front of it, as what appeared to be fourteen other students and counting, turned to look at them.