Another Day At Work

Sarah's POV

I just jumped out of the shower, I quickly dried off and put on my uniform. Tonight I had to be security at a Dustin Lynch concert, this would be my 4th concert of his only one was me as a fan. I quickly but on my belt and put my gun in its holster after checking it and I went down stairs were my son was playing. He was only two and his name is Grant Austin Reagan.

I dropped Grant off at my friends house and headed to Nashville were Dustin was to perform with openers Sam Hunt and Cole Swindell. I arrived about a half an hour later and I quickly got to the doors and got my badge and headed in to get things ready for the concert that was three hours later, Dustin, Sam and Cole are already here. Glad no fans were here yet cause we had a lot of security things to get set up.

Tonight I was one of three officers to escort Dustin around, It was Jason, Gordon and I. I was sent to Dustin's changing room and I was the officer who was to walk in front of him as Gordon and Jason walked along the side.

Dustin emerged from his room and I introduced myself and my fellow officers and we walked to the stage just as Sam finished and was escorted off with two other officers. Dustin walked onstage and Jason and I walked to the front of the stage to keep the pit from jumping onstage as Gordon stood by the steps.

He just started to sing his closing song which was one of his newest songs, Seein' Red when a man much bigger than I and was about my height tried to jump the stage. I managed to get him down without interrupting the show and managed to cuff him and stand him back up as Jason took him out of the pit and I had to stay to escort Dustin off the stage when he finished.

Dustin's POV

I just started my final song of the set when one of the officers detained a man who jumped the stage but she managed to haul the big dude down who was like twice her weight and about the same height. I was in shock and was surprised she did that and  that like no one noticed. I finished my set and started off of stage where the same three officers escorted me off as Cole took the stage.

I walked back my room where I was to pack and change to head to the VIP tent were like 30 fans where aloud to mingle and have a little after party with Sam, Cole and I. I finished and I opened my door were only one officer stood the female one which was rare cause they wanted the big manly guys. She had to be really good and I felt safe around her. I shut my door as she took the lead to the VIP tent. She stopped at the entry as I walked in I turned around and tapped her shoulder.

"Hey thank you about earlier and I lost your name," I said as she turned around her hands still by her stomach in her police stance.

"No problem Sir just doing my job and its Reagan," she replied formally.

"And do you have a first name?" I asked ,"ohh please call me Dustin."

"Its Sarah and Dustin I gotta get back to work its nice to meet you again," she said turned back around to her post.

I walked away and joined the party, did I hear her right she said "again" I don't remember ever seeing her. I just forgot it and started to hang out with Sam, Cole and the few fans aloud in.

Sarah's POV

An hour later I escorted Dustin to his bus and I was off duty as soon as I check in with my boss Erik but then Dustin called my name.

"Reagan, Can I speak to you for a second?" He asked standing by his door.

"Sure, just a second though I have to get home," I said as I made my way back to him.

"I was thinking about what you said early, you meet me before?" I asked as I invited her inside.

I declined his offer and answered him, "Yes I was posted to two others of your concert and seen you once as a fan."

"I wonder why I don't remember you but Reagan sounds familiar now I think about it. Will you be too any other concerts of mine," Dustin asked.

"Ya you may of heard of my family in New York kinda hard not to hear about them and I think so but I really have to go now. Bye Dustin I wish you luck," I said as I started to take steps back.

"Ohh I remember now and I hope to see you again Sarah," he said as he walked towards me and shook my hand, "Thanks you again about earlier see ya bye."

With that he turned around and walked back to his bus and I headed to check out with Erik.

I checked out and headed to my truck and got in relaxing and unbuttoning my top a little and took my belt off. I started the truck and headed to Buck's house to pick up Grant. I opened the door as I see Buck stand up from the couch with Grant sound asleep in his arms. I made my way towards him and he carefully handed me Grant and I gave him a small hug thanking him again. We said our goodbyes and I loaded Grant up in his car seat and I got in the front seat and took another deep breath and started the truck and headed home.

I pulled in the drive and Grant was still sleeping so I carefully unbuckled him and took him inside to his room and laid him in bed after I changed him. I went into the front room and unbuttoned my shirt, put belt on the table and took off my boots and plopped down on the sofa and turned TV on. I watched the TV for awhile till I dozed off to sleep.