Mine Again

Dustin's POV

We arrived late in Louisville and I had a show later today and I didn't feel like doing anything so I spent the day playing Madden with guys. Out of the number of teams to choose I found myself choosing the Jets, Sarah's favorite team. The guys kept questioning me why the jets and I kept telling them I felt like a change from the team I usually play. We were playing a tournament and I won my first two games and I wasn't to play till later to I decided to go for a run.

I changed into black shorts and a cut off as I began the long search to find my running headphones. Took like 10 minutes to find them but when I did I grabbed my phone and headed outside with my baseball cap and sunglasses to hopefully hide my identity. I checked the time and started some music as I took off towards the park.

Sarah's POV

I've been pacing in the front room after not being able to sleep thinking and I couldn't stop. I found my phone and looked up something and when I found my answer I stopped thinking even more but that's when my phone hang and I nearly threw it. I picked up and immediately said hello.

"Hey sis how ya doing?" Danny asked.

I took a deep breathe and answered, "I am okay, I think I figured out what I am going to do."

"That's good, whatever you do I believe it's the right decision." He said and I smiled as finally made up my mind.

I heard a voice in the background and Danny say, "call ya later gotta go, love you." And with that he hung up.

I decided I would call up Alex and see if she wanted to go on a trip with me.

"Hey Alex, what's up?" I asked immediately.

"Nothing much, what's up with you, Sarah?" She asked.

I took a deep breath before asking, "you feel like going on a trip with me?"

"Ya sure when is it?" She asked happily.

I waited a second before I replied, "umm today like in a half hour."

"Ohh gees Sarah lol be right over I am driving," she said and before I could answer she hung up.

I sat, shocked, on sofa realizing that this is really happening and I didn't know how I felt but inside I found happiness knowing I was going to see him after what feels like forever. It was a mistake I was going to correct today....tonight.

Dustin's POV

After my run I took a long shower and I was getting ready for the show when my guards knocked on my door and shouted 5 minutes. I quickly put on my stay country shirt and black jeans and I slid my boots on and for some reason my gut told me to wear the black cowboy hat and not my usual white one, so I did. I opened the door and I walked into a night I would never ever forget.

I got out on stage and I sang my usual opener and a few others and I decided to sing Seein Red. Walking around the stage I walked to a couple and sang to them some but then out the corner of my eye I swear I saw Sarah and my black hat but I dismissed it because it couldn't be her. I continued to walk the stage and then there I saw her again she looks so much like her but I shook my head, thinking I was seeing things and continued on. I guess the third time I saw someone shouting and waving a black hat and I took a deep look and then I realized it was Sarah and I sang, "I'm Seein Red" right at her, she started to cry. I reached my hand out towards her and she was too far back and I didn't expect her to reach out for me. I acted like I had her hand in mine and I tapped my chest a double times and walked away knowing she came back to me, she was here. I continued my show stealing looks and she seemed herself again and I loved it.

After my show I was leaving and I kinda told my security I was going to tell my guitarist something and kinda ditched them. I went to look for Sarah and I kept looking and couldn't find her and soon the security found me and told me a Reagan wanted me and that she had said the security code. So I told them to bring her to my bus as I ran to my bus and they left to get her.

Sarah's POV

I stood outside Dustin's bus and I took a deep breath before knocking. The door opened and Dustin stood there and I said that I was so sorry and he said he was sorry. He was about to say something else but I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him in as I kissed him. He pulled me inside and he shut the door as he pulled away to talk.

"I am so happy to have you back I was barely able get through days without you and it devastated me not having you by my side," he said.

"Grant needs you and so does Asher and most importantly we all need you," I said before kissing him more.

I pushed him over the arm of the sofa and he fell on his back as I climbed on him to kiss his lips. In between kisses I managed to say I love you and Dustin pulled me closer to him. I pulled away and got up and and took my shoes off and my jacket, I just had a NYPD tank top on and it was showing my tattoo. My phone binged and I completely forgot Alex but I had an idea.

"Hey Dustin you want to meet my best friend Alex, I bet she would love to meet you. She nearly died when I told her I as coming to your concert and just imagine her face when I tell her that your the Dustin I was going to meet," I said smiling as I slid my shoes on and Dustin got up, laughing.

I told Alex I was coming with my boyfriend Dustin and she had no idea I was talking about the one and only Dustin Lynch.

"So is she going to like me," Dustin said knowing the answer.

I laughed, "she may die cause she thinks she meeting my boyfriend Dustin not the Dustin Lynch!"

We turned the corner of the arena towards the parking lot and Alex had her back to us and we walked up behind her.

"Alex meet Dustin, Dustin meet Alex," I said and Alex turned around and like right on time her jaw dropped.

"Hey Alex nice to meet ya," Dustin said all smooth as he stuck his hand out to shake.

I had to nudge her for her to begin to speak, "Hey Dustin," all quiet.

We talked for a while and Alex finally loosened up after her initial shock and she decided she needed to head home to Justin and I told her pick up Grant from Buck's and I would be home tomorrow afternoon.

Alex left and Dustin spoke, "it's like you knew magically I have two days off before my next show in Chicago?"

I smiled and said, "well you do know there is this place."

He just laughed as we made it back to the bus and he went to take a shower. I sent Buck a text and told him that Alex would stop by to pick up Grant and then I set my phone down and took my shoes off and laid down on the bed.

Dustin's POV

I walked out of the bathroom in nothing but basketball shorts and was rubbing a towel through my hair as I saw Sarah passed out on my bed. I dropped the towel in the floor and I walked over to Sarah and I wrapped my arm around her stomach and curled up behind her. She rolled around and faced me and she just looked at me so I kissed her and whispered I loved her. She kissed me deeply before rolling back over and falling asleep. I pulled her close again and closed my eyes just thinking that the woman in my arms was mine and I would never let her go ever again. Tonight will be the first on many nights falling asleep with the woman I love in my arms.