Thank You Luke

Dustin's POV

I made it back to the bus just in time, they were getting the final things packed and ready. I climbed aboard the bus and sat on the sofa and I pulled out my phone and called Luke.

He picked up with, "Hey Dustin what you forget now."

"Nothing just was wondering at the next stop would you meet me on my bus," I asked.

"Sure anything you want Dustin, is everything okay," he said concerned.

"I just need some advice from a married man," I said as I closed my eyes waiting for what he would say next.

"You having girl problems man?" He asked quietly.

I laughed before I answered, "no, quite the opposite Luke."

"I'll be right over right now, I'll tell the driver to stop at the next stop," Luke said as I could hear his excitement from his voice.

"No hurry Luke, I just...I..." I started as Luke cut me off, "I get you man see ya soon."

I hung up and just looked at my phone I had no idea what to do, especially since I had no idea of how to do it. I sat there on the sofa and did some researching until the bus rolled to a stop and not a second later a knock on my door. I got up and opened it and Luke rushed right in and just stood there till I shut the door and turned around to face him.

The look on his face told he everything before he spoke, "ask me anything, tell me what your thinking about even though I am pretty sure I know."

"Well it's about Sarah," I said as we walked over to the sofa and the bus started to move.

Sarah's POV

Just pulled into my drive along side of Alex's grey camaro after along day of training at work. I looked over to the passenger seat were Asher was passed out, smiling I picked him up and walked to the door. I opened the door and was immediately greeted by a very excited Grant he hugged my legs. I managed to pry him off and I laid Asher on the sofa. I walked to my room and took a shower.

Finally clean and satisfied I went into the front room where Grant was sitting on the sofa and was whispering to a sleeping Asher.

"Thanks for watching Grant for me Alex," I say grabbing something to drink.

She smiled as she said, "it's pretty easy and you will watch my future kids too right?"

"Of course I will," I said as my smile slowly faded, "wait is there something your not telling me?"

"Ya kinda I guess," she started before I quickly interrupted, "your pregnant!"

"Oh god no," she said walking towards me with her hand outstretched.

I looked down to see this diamond ring on her finger and said, "he finally popped the big question."

"Yes yes he did," she said smiling ear to ear.

"Finally Justin got off his ass," I said before cracking up with laughter.

I managed to stop as Grant called me. I walked over to him and asked, "what's wrong bud."

"I miss Dus," he said.

"I am sorry bud let me think of a way to fix that," I said smiling.

I pulled out my phone and called through my contacts till I landed on his face. It was a picture of Dustin holding Grant wearing their matching cowboy hats.

I touched the call button and it rang three times before he picked up, "Hey Reags."

"Hey, I miss you so much" I say looking at Grant.

"I know honey but I'll be home soon I promise," he says.

I smile before saying louder than normal, "I know Dustin, I love you so much but I've got a little..."

I was cut off from Grant who screamed Dus and grabbed the phone. Grant ran off towards my room with the phone in tow.

I decided to leave him spend time with Dustin and I turned to ask Alex a question, "so when's the big day?"

"Won't be for a while sometime next year probably," Alex said.

"Gives you plenty of time to plan then," I said as Grant rushed in yelling.

"What's wrong buddy," I said kneeling down.

"Ohh nonin Dus wants you is aw," he said giving me the phone and running off.

I watched him dissapear to him room before holding the phone to my ear, "hey".

"Hey Reag baby isn't Grants birthday Saturday?" he asked sweetly.

"Ya why?" I asked looking at the calender on the fridge, today's Thursday.

Before Dustin could answer I realized I haven't set up a party yet and said, "oh shit."

"What's wrong?" Dustin asked concerned.

"I have no plans it's not like I forgot its just didn't ever have time to plan something," I say as I paced getting looks from Alex.

Dustin simply said, "I've got a good idea just plan a simple party and I'll finish my idea and then I'll be home, don't tell him. He don't know thinks I'll be back next week."

"Okay," I said as many thoughts filled my mind, "could I ask what you have up your sleeve."

"It will be good I promise," he said and I could practically see him sitting on his bus having this ear to ear grin.

"Fine whatever you say Mr. Lynch," I shot.

"Good choice Reag but I have to go Luke wants me again," he said sighing.

"Alright love you lots," I said smiling.

"Love you too Reag's," he said before I heard Luke yell something like "how's this" and hanging up.

I removed the phone from my ear not thinking twice before bringing it back as I called family and friends.

Dustin's POV

I hung up the phone from Sarah to Luke yelling at me. I turned around and walked to him, plopping down next to him. He pushed the notepad towards me telling me what I thought. I looked down at it before putting my hand on it and turned to Luke.

"First I need ideas of how to surprise Grant at his 3rd birthday Saturday," I asked Luke.

A grin formed as I could see the wheel spinning in his head, "How about I help you surprise him?"

"What do you mean exactly?" I asked confused.

"I am thinking I drive you and some of my band to the party and say you sent me to perform cause you couldn't make it," he started but I stopped him, "but you just said you would drive me there but I couldn't make it."

"Oh Dustin just let me finish," he said and I nodded as he continued, "as I was saying I'll tell him you couldn't make it. Me and some of my name will set up for a mink concert. I'd sing a song and get everyone up and happy and as I get ready for the second song the music begins and instead of me start singing you will. You'll come in behind Grant and sing the song and I bet you money Grant will come crashing into your arms. He will be so surprised."

I just sat in shock as the idea ran through my head and slowly a smile formed on my face.

Just as I smiled Luke said, "it's a date now can we please get back to that."

He pointed at the list which still laid in front of me with my hand on it. I removed it and looked at the to do list Luke created.