Marry?

Dustin's POV

I rolled over and managed to open my eyes and reached for my phone. I unplugged it hit the home button, which I quickly pulled it to my chest. The bright light faded and I quickly turned the brightness down so I wouldn't wake Grant and blind me. It was 7:30 and I decided to find a number in my phone and I sent them a text, Can I meet you sometime today? BTW it's Dustin.

After I sent it I quickly snapped a pic of me and Grant and sent that to Sarah. I laid there staring at Grant thing about what we were going to do today and the few questions I was going to ask him.

I quietly got up and made my way over to the counter and mini fridge but before I got there stumbled and nearly fell. I quickly grabbed my left elbow cause I twisted it awkwardly and I held it and went to the bathroom. I quietly shut the door and turned the light on and when I looked at my elbow I saw blood oozing from a cut I assumed came from the desk. I turned the water on and put my elbow under it to wash the blood away. Digging in the medicine cabinet I saw nothing I needed so I left the bathroom. I threw on my tank top and put a cloth on my elbow to hopefully stop the blood.

I saw Lauren standing at the desk and she looked up at me and her face quickly changed from happy to worried.

She came around the desk asking, "Oh my gosh what happened?"

"I nearly tripped and when I caught myself I cut myself on the desk and I twisted my elbow. But all I need is a bandage and some alcohol or something to clean it" I said.

"Oh yeah sure," she said rushing to the back.

She came back with everything I needed and I thanked her and went back upstairs.

When I opened the door I saw Grant sitting up on the bed and he asked, "What happen Dus?" in his sweet innocent voice.

"Nothing I'll be okay," I said as I walked to the bathroom this time with the lights on.

Grant slid off the bed and walked over to me asking, "can I hep"

I of course said he could and when he got into the bathroom I picked him up with my right arm and sat him in the small counter.

I removed the the cloth and saw the bleeding didn't stop but it slowed and so I rinsed it off.

"Hey bud can u get the clear bottle right there and pop the cap off and pour it on my elbow" I asked and his face lit up as he did what I asked.

He started to pour it and I accidently said, "Shit" and as soon as I said it I regretted it.

"You can stop bud," I said hoping he would not ask what I said.

We continued to patch my elbow up with gauze and medical tape with a wrap.

***

I just pulled into the drive and I got Grant out and we walked up to the door and I knocked on the door.

It opened to show Danny standing there, "Hey Danny" I said.

"Hi Dustin," he said and bending down to Grant, "hey little guy."

Grant quietly said hi and after all the small talk I finally got to why I was here.

"I came here to ask you something," I said.

Danny sat in quiet so I resumed talking, "well I've been with Sarah for quite a while now and I was wondering if it was okay that I marry her."

"Oh yeah that's completely fine with me with how she talks about you I can tell your the real deal," he said standing up.

I let a deep breath out I didn't realize I was holding and stood up too and when I did I was hugged.

"Welcome to the family brother," he said while hugging me.

***

After getting the blessing from Frank I was off to a jewelers but while I was driving I was talking with Grant.

"Hey bud I really love you and your Ma and I was wondering how you would feel if I marry your Ma?" I asked knowing I would have to explain.

"What's marry?" he asked.

"Well it's what you do when you really love someone. Hey it's like G's mom and dad, Amy and Carson love each other and so they got married," I said smiling glad I came up with a gold example but I didn't see what was about to happen.

"Ohh so you will be my daddy then just like G's daddy?" Grant asked.

"I guess so if you want me too?" I replied.

"YES," he yelled happily, "daddy, daddy."

"Now bud you gotta just call me Dus so we can surprise Ma okay. Promise me you wont say nothing till I say so." I told him.

"I pawmise Dus," he said smiling.

I explained to grant what we will be doing at the jewelers and he got out of the truck before I could get over there. He was truly excited he grabbed my hand and grabbed me into the store. He started looking around pointing and shouting my name until one of the workers came over.

"May I help you lucky guys find something?" he asked.

But before I could say anything Grant said, "Dus is going to marry my mommy."

"Well congrats little man," he said to Grant and then turned towards me, "So what is she like Dus?"

"Well shes just amazing, shes a cop.." I started and once again Grant jumps in "this one, this one Dus."

So I had to walk over and there and look. The guy reached in and pulled out this ring with three diamonds a bigger one and two smaller ones beside it.

"Look Dus a big one for mommy and the other ones are you and me," he said jumping up and down trying to see it. So I picked him up with my right arm and sat him in the glass. The guy handed the ring to me as he started talking about it and Grant just stared.

I agreed into getting it so the guy took the ring and Grant and I followed him into the back. They quickly adjusted the size and I signed some papers. After we were finished they put the ring into a dark blue box since Grant told them it was Sarah's favorite color. I took the ring and Grant and walked out. I had the ring in my left hand and Grant reached up to grab it but missed and got my elbow. I winced in pain but hid it well as I gave the box to Grant.

"I love it Dus," he said giving it back as he got into the truck.

"I know buddy me too," I said leaning into kiss him avoiding my elbow from hitting anything.

***

We finally got back to the hotel and back to our room. I let Grant watch cartoons on TV as I grabbed clothes and headed to the bathroom to take a shower.

I took the wrapping off my elbow and got into the shower. I just stood in the hot water avoiding my elbow as much as possible from the soap. Rinsing off I got out of the shower and immediately dried my elbow and changed. I took some muscle gel and rubbed it all over my elbow not were the cut was. I let it dry and I finally wrapped it and when I finished I just stared in the mirror. Letting thoughts and ideas run through my head, thinking on how I was going to propose.

I walked out of the bathroom to find Grant asleep with the ring box next to him. I can't believe how excited he was for all this, I can't believe I am doing this. It's quite hard to believe I was going to propose to someone I love sometime soon and that someone was Sarah.