New Job

Dustin's POV

I've been up walking around the bus thinking of what to do today with Sarah before having to go to my parents tomorrow. I had taken a shower and was still wondering what to do. I had just put on sweatpants since I was going to change as soon as I figured it out. I sat down and decided to shoot Sarah a text hoping I could figure something out before having to ask a friend.

Hey Reag, what's up?

I put my phone down and continued to pace as I heard a knock on the door. I opened the door to see my guitarist, Chris, standing there.

"Hey Chris, what's up?" I said letting him inside.

"Dustin, nothing really. What ya doing today?" He said as he went to the fridge.

He grabbed a water for me and him, "Thanks and I am going to be out doing things you?"

"What kinda things or may I ask?" He asked as he took a sip.

I smiled before I replied, "Of course you may and I am hanging out with a friend."

"What are you and "this friend" doin?" He asked as he leaned against the door.

"I really don't know what me and my bud from school are going to do," I said lying through my teeth hoping he wouldn't see.

"Well will you wish this friend a great day and I hope you guys have fun," he said as he walked towards the door.

We said our good byes and he left with a fist bump. I sat down as I heard my phone beep. I got up as I pulled my phone out of my pocket and read the text Sarah sent.

Just got up and was about to go for a run and I want to bring Asher and then I gotta go check in with Erik at work and I'll be free. Could you come watch Grant he just woke up.

I quickly replied, yes be over in 10, I dropped my phone on the counter and ran into the bedroom and changed into some black jeans and I put on a solid black shirt. I slipped on some shoes and I grabbed my keys, baseball cap and my phone and headed out the door.

I pulled into the drive as I saw Sarah sitting on the step with Grant playing with Asher. I got out of the truck and as I shut the door I heard "Dus" come from behind me. I turned around and I saw Grant sitting on the grass with Asher and Sarah was just sitting there with a smile on her face.

"He started saying that this morning, took me some time to figure out he was talking about you." Sarah said as she got up.

Heading my way and she stopped in front of me, "so?"

It took me awhile to realize she had said something "uhh what did you say?"

She just smiled and all I could manage was a wimpy what?

We stood in silence as I was still confused till Sarah wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me.

She looked at me and said, "well I better go be back soon."

She kissed me once more and grabbed Asher's leash. She bent down as Grant stood up and gave her a hug. Sarah soon took off down the road and little Asher followed.

"Dus Dus," Grant said and he ran towards me and I picked him up.

"For being a boy who don't talk a lot, you sure are talking more," I said as we went inside.

Sarah's POV

I ran off towards the Police Station with Asher in tow. Finally arriving, I walked through the front doors and pass the front desk and headed to Erik's office. I knocked on the door and heard him say come in, from inside. Opening the door I walked in and shut the door as Asher came in.

"So is this the little fellow looking for a job?" Erik said getting up and walked to Asher.

"He sure is," I said as Erik got down and Asher jumped into his attack pose.

Erik laughed as that sparked and dashed at him, "Well you sure have a character here!"

"Yes I believe so" I said as Erik got up and Asher ran and grabbed his ankles.

"Ohh man this guy is awesome a good candidate so far," Erik said as he sat down to look at Asher's papers.

He sat and looked at he papers and I played with Asher on the floor and I could see Erik watch us. It was silent except for the occasional bark or yelp.

Erik broke the silence when he said, "I believe that here Asher Reagan and his handler Sarah Reagan will be our first K9 team."