Break A Little

Every single night you stay, you take a little ... and though I know I'm better when I'm alone, I call you.

"Kirstie," I don't think I can do this anymore.

"Do what?"

"This, our relationship."

"What..?"

"I'm sorry."

"Why?"

"I don't think I can handle having a girlfriend right now."

"Avi.."

"I'm so sorry Kit,"

"Don't."

"What?"

"Get out of my house."

"Kirst. I'm so sorry."

Tears streamed down my face as I slammed the door on my two year boyfriend.

How would I live without him?

5 months later

I pick up the phone, knowing I would regret what u was about to do.
"Avi?"
"Kirstie?"
"Come over."
"On my way."

I wake up, and immediately regret last night. Why do we keep doing this?
At lest we're at my house this time, and we don't have to worry about Kevin.
I look around my room to find my clothes from last night. Unable to find them, I grab some from the closet.
"Kirstin?" He says as he wakes up, too.
"Avi, we did it again."
"We should stop."
"I've been saying that for 4 months."
"We've only been doing this for 4 months."
"Exactly."
"What if we didn't stop?"
"That's an even worse idea."
"Kirst, we've tried to stop. We're not very good at it."
"This time for real. No more sex."
"What if I kind of like it?"
"You told me you couldn't handle me. You're not going to use me anymore. No more."
"Use you?"
"That's of course what we've been doing right? Using each other?"
"No."
"Yes."
"We both know that's not true."
"Then why have we been doing this?"
"Fine, we'll stop."
"Good."
"Where are you going?"
"To get dressed.."
"Nothing I haven't seen."
"Avi."
"What?"
"No more. We're friends and that's it."
"Fine."

---

Avi closes the door, and I break down crying. This, of course, happened every night he stayed. He takes a little every time.
5 months later, and I still haven't gotten over Avi. I miss him, that's for sure. I miss him. I still love him, to be honest. 
The last chance was ruined this morning. We should stop, though. Now I won't be able to be with Avi outside of the band. Everything will probably be super awkward around us, too.
Hopefully, this doesn't affect the band in any way. If it does, I blame Avi. He broke me, might as well break the band.

Every time I see you're face, I break a little

1 month later

Rehearsals this morning was the text Esther sent out. Rehearsals for tour, in two months. Rehearsals which begin Avi and I being together for too many hours a day.
Why did I ever have to fall in love with him?
Why can't I get out?
Would I take him back if he asked?
Never.
We get to the studio, and Avi's car (besides Esther) is the only one there.
Great.
Do I just stay in my car until Scott and Mitch or Kevin pulls in? No, that'd be childish. I am a grown-ass woman, I can handle being in a room alone with Avi for 10 minutes.
I walk in the door, only to see he's brought his girlfriend, Sarah.
I hate Sarah.
My heart shatters into a million pieces, yet again.
"Hi, Kirstie!" Sarah says, cheerfully.
One of the reasons I hate her? She's too nice. She's too like-able. Another? She stole Avi from me.
Okay, maybe she didn't steal Avi, but that's how it feels.
"Hello," I mumble. She has no idea Avi and I used to be a thing. She has no idea why Avi and I never talk, unless it's forced.
After trying not to cry for about 10 minutes, Scott and Mitch finally show up. Mitch takes one look and knows what's wrong. He comes and sits by me to comfort me.
"I have to go to the restroom, I'll be right back," Sarah says to Avi.
She gets up and heads into the other room.
"Kirstie, we're friends. That's it," Avi states, noticing my face. I also recognize that quote. That's the one I said when I let Avi go. I'm sure he knows that, so I reply with one he'll also know.
"Fine."

A/N
Well this was terrible.
It worked out a lot better in my head.. and it's too short but whatever.