Christmas Morning

Avi and I are awoken by our oldest, Brooklynn (who we named based on the city where we started dating), screaming and jumping on our bed. Brooklynn is 5, and she is not a baby any more, thank you very much. Her sister and brother, however, are. Charlotte and Noah are twins and they are three.

"Mommy! Daddy!" Brooklynn shouts, a huge smile on her face. Charlotte and Noah come in shortly after, each clutching their individual stuffed animal. They still shared a room, mainly because Avi and I are yet to find a new house for more room. Even after 3 years. We have decided our new years resolution is to find a new house.

"It's Christmas!" Charlotte joined in, flopping herself onto the bed. Noah, not wanting to be left out, got up as well.

"Girls, stop screaming," Avi complains.

"Sorry Daddy."

"But it's Christmas!" Noah shouts.

"Yeah! It's Christmas! We need to open gifts, Daddy!"

"Yeah! Daddy!" I laugh, sitting up. I glance at the clock and see it's a little after 7. Leave it to our children to get up at the crack of dawn.

"We can open presents after I have coffee," Avi sighs, forcing himself out of bed.

We all head downstairs, and I check my phone while Avi makes coffee and the kids impatiently sit on the couch.

Suddenly a text pops up form Scott in the Pentatonix group chat. Well everyone that has been in Pentatonix. Matt and Avi are in it. And Esther.

Scott: im assuming christmas is as hectic at the kaplan and olusola households as it is at the grassi-hoying household? also merry christmas family xx

Kirstie: Oh please we have one more kid than you, and a set of twins.

Matt: I can't relate

Esther: kirstie please tell me im not the only one that woke up to a kid bouncing on you

Kirstie: and screaming?

Mitch: can't forget the screaming

Matt: Shouldn't you guys be opening presents? ;D

Esther: coffee

Scott: coffee

Kirstie: coffee

Matt: youre seriously making your kids wait

Matt: that was the worst part of christmas

Esther: we all got home from tour yesterday i am tired okay

Kirstie: next year our christmas tour will not end on the 24th that is too late

Scott: i second that

Scott: sigh coffee is ready i need to open presents

Kevin: merry christmas ily all

Kevin: or christmukkah

Kirstie: we barely celebrate the mukkah part there is literally only a menorah

Kevin: whatever

After everyone seemed to disappear from the group chat, Avi sat down a mug in front of me.

"It's Christmas, Mommy," he smiles. I get up from the island and head over to the living room, where our tree is set up.

We go through the presents quickly, the kids being eager to see everything they got. Everything I got mainly consisted of cooking tools or music related things. Avi got a beanie from the kids and a bass clef from me. The kids all got all kinds of toys. Afterwards, Avi tells me there is one more special one. I glance over at Brooklynn, Noah, and Charlotte, and they seem to be bursting with excitement.