"Engaged"

ShrimpOnAStick  I did it...

(A/N avi's still in Pentatonix in this 😂)

"Hey Kirst?"

"Yes, Jer?"

"We should get married."

"We should what?"

"Get married?"

"You're gay..."

"And you're dating Avi."

"So your great idea of getting married?"

"Oh I forgot the most important part."

"And that is?"

"We call it off the day before."

"Okay, that screams suspicion."

"And so does never getting married, then me magically coming out sometime."

"I'm really confused right now."

"We'll get engaged, break up before the wedding, and then go out seperate ways."

"We can't still be friends?"

"You know what I meant."

"What?"

"Kirstin. Yes, we can be friends."

"Okay, so we get married, call it off sometime before that, and then a little later reveal each of our deals."

"Correct."

"You can come out first. I think yours is more important."

"If I was straight I would totally marry you."

"And if I weren't dating Avi, I might marry you."

"Might?"

"Wow," I joke.

"Okay, so when do I propose?"

"I don't know."

"Help me out here."

"Jeremy, you're the one that's supposed to propose. You figure it out."

"Can't you propose?"

"No!"

"Why not?"

"Too much pressure."

"Exactly!"

"What about when we're in Paris in a month?"

"That sounds good. Make sure to get a cheap ring."

"This is a weird engagement."

"This is a weird relationship."

"Are you going to tell Avi and the guys?"

"Of course. If I didn't, Mitch would probably convince himself that we're getting married."

---

And just like that, I was getting proposed to a month later. Of course, there was paparazzi all around us. I had to cry, and he had to get tears in his eyes.

"Kirstin Taylor Maldonado, would you marry me?" Jeremy smiles to me. I'm pretty sure he's smiling because he finds this hilarious, as do I. A fake proposal. Who would've thought I'd ever do this? And no, this does not count as cheating. I've never even kissed Jeremy without being forced to by paparazzi.

"Yes!" I yell out. Hopefully someone got that on video. Everyone smiles and we kiss. I lean down from my jacket around me to get the ring put on my finger.