4

Percy's POV:

I woke up slowly, and confused.

Rubbing the sleep from my eyes, I saw that I was in my old bedroom at my mom's apartment.

Please. I thought. Let it have only been a dream...

But, as I saw Apollo standing in the far end  of my room, I realized that was not the case. But how did I get to my bed? Who had hugged me? How did I fall asleep in the middle of the worse moment of my life?

"Percy," Apollo said. "I know you're probably confused, but I'm not going to hurt you. You of all people have had more than enough of that..."

"You think?!" I spat.

Apollo sighed. "I have to escort you to Olympus." He explained gently. If I didn't know any better, I'd think he actually cared about more than himself. "You must face Zeus and explain your actions in the presence of all of the twelve Olympian gods."

"Whatever," I replied bitterly. "Just hurry up and let's get this over with." I did know better. I knew better than anyone that the gods were selfish and cruel. They cared only about self-preservation. Not even their children were worth risking being forgotten. Not to them, at least. No, we were all just pawns. Tools to be used and thrown away as soon as we were no longer needed. And if we survived to old age, well, good job. We did it! They don't really care, but good for you, right?

These are the thoughts that went through my head as Apollo transported us to Olympus.

~ at Olympus ~

I stood before the gods, as I had many times before. But this time was different.

This time, I showed no respect for them. I did not bow at their feet like the petty mortal they thought I was. Like a weak child.

No.

I've fought for them since I was twelve, I've literally walked through the depths of Hell for them, I've saved the world more than enough times for my liking. After all of what I've done for them, we should be treated like equals at least.

I fought their battles for them. And by winning, I lost everything I ever loved. Everything I needed.

"Percy," Poseidon began gently. As if he actually cared. "What happened?"

"What happened?" I repeated. "What happened was thanks to you, six of the seven, your children, are dead. And none of you seem to care, because what's a few pathetic human's lives if it means the job was done, right? Then I come home to find my mother and step father murdered." My voice faltered as I spoke. I cleared my voice and began again. "They were murdered. And they didn't do anything. They caused no harm. That's on you." I said to Poseidon. "If you had never broken your oath, they'd still be alive. My mother would never have had to deal with Gabe, who, by the way, abused her. She could have had a normal, happy life and you took that away from her.

"So it's not even just the wars. It's not just that all of us demigods are born only to fight your battles and die for you all too young. It's not just that you don't care about your own children, because you all have plenty, right? What does it matter if a few die or go missing? It's that you ruin the lives of all mortals you come into contact with and have absolutely no remorse or regret for what you do.

"You show no mercy to anyone. Even your own kind. You banished Hades and Thanos, who have both shown to be by far the most merciful of gods. You make the minor gods feel useless and weak. You turn everyone rightfully into your enemies and blame anyone but yourselves, then send your children into harms way in order to fix your mistakes. No more. The next time you need me for a quest or a war, I won't come to your petty aid. So don't bother to ask. Now if you're done with me, I have a family to mourn."

"Percy," Zeus said. I could tell it was painful for him to pretend to be so caring. It was probably my father who'd talked him into it as some sort of ruse. "For your own safety, and the safety of the demigods at Camp Half-Blood, you must stay with Apollo for the time being. Just until we are sure you are healed... mentally. You have been through much trama."

"As if you care." I replied bitterly. I then realized that I had nowhere to go if not here. "Fine. I will stay with him. But this does not mean anything. One day, you will all pay for this."

"Is that a threat?" Ares asked.

I shook my head. "No. That's a promise. If you continue on this path, you will eventually turn everyone, even your own children against you. They will tear you all down. Mark my words, you will fall at your own hands. It will be no ones fault but your own. All because you have no compasión or mercy. One by one, the olympians will fall to your mistakes. It won't be today, or tomorrow, or maybe not even in my lifetime, but it will happen. All you have to do is wait."