10

Happy Memorial Day! I'm sorry it's taking so long for me to post an update, I don't really have a reason, other than I haven't felt the writing spirit. Thank you all so much for your patience with me and I sincerely hope you enjoy this chapter.

Apollo's P.O.V:

As soon as Percy was asleep, and safely in bed, I turned to Poseidon, and all but shoved the older god out of the room.

"What in Zeus' name do you think you're doing?" I demanded, trying as hard as I could to remain calm. "I thought I made it explicitly clear that you and the other gods were to stay away while I am helping Percy. For his sake as well as yours!"

"I was just trying to help my son." The sea god defended himself.

"Your son has just been through enough trauma to scar a god permanently! He blames you and the rest of the gods for what happened to his entire family." I explained impatiently.

"I am his family!" Poseidon protested.

"Not now you're not!" I replied. "Right now, you need to be Poseidon, Lord of the Sea. Whether you want to hear this or not, Percy is better off without you around right now. At least until he recovers more."

For a moment, I thought the older god would protest more, but with another look to Percy's door, he sighed, and I knew I had won.

"I just want him to be okay." Poseidon's shoulders slumped, and he demeanor lost all trace of authority. It was the first time I'd seen any god like this. He looked so helpless, so....mortal.

"I know." I replied, placing my hand on his shoulder. "That's all I'm trying to do, but it's going to take time."

Poseidon gave a small, sad laugh. "After having lived for so long, you'd think I'd have learned some patience."

I shrugged. "He's the first mortal son you've had in decades. I think I'd be protective of him too."

"Will he be okay?" Poseidon asked me, his voice barley above a whisper as though he feared my answer. "You can help him, right?"

I took a deep breath and thought carefully about my words. "He's strong. He always has been. And he was making progress, if only a small amount. But I have no idea how he's going to react to your appearance today. It could set back or delay his recovery quite severely."

"That wasn't my intention-"

"I know." I cut him off quickly. "You're worried for your son, but you have to understand that in this matter, what I say goes. If I say to stay away, you must stay away."

Poseidon bowed his head like a chastised child, and nodded. "I understand."

"Good." I replied. "Now, you should go before he wakes."

The sea god once again nodded, and evaporated into thin air.

As soon as my uncle was gone, I all but collapsed onto the nearest chair, rubbing my aching head. What am I going to do? There really is no telling how Percy is going to handle this situation. He still won't open up to me, and I have no idea what's been going through his head before now.

I sighed, exhausted by the whole ordeal.

I suppose the only thing I can do is wait until he wakes up and try to talk to him...

This isn't going to be fun.