7

Apollo's POV:

Well, physically, Percy was fine. Other than some bruises and a few cuts and minor wounds my son already did tended to, there was nothing physically wrong with him.

Mentally, however....

Well, even the strongest men would crack from the trauma he's been through. It's enough to challenge the sanity of a god. Let alone a mere boy.

But how can I help him?

This isn't something magic can fix, not without taking away his memories, which is not going to happen. He refuses to open up to me and I haven't had to deal with this kind of thing since... well, I've never had to deal with this kind of thing.

Of course, I know how. I know what kinds of medicine I can prescribe. I know the therapeutic techniques. I can tell you any diagnosis any doctor would give him. I'm the god of this stuff for Dad's sake!

But the thought of Percy drugged up
...depressed...hopeless...

I just couldn't.

Besides, he probably wouldn't take anything I gave him anyways. He doesn't trust me. He doesn't trust any god, not even his father.

So what could I do?

I could send him off to a mortal institution. Risk him endangering their lives and not think twice about it. They'd treat him properly.

Or, I can try to build some trust. Get him to open up about what he's feeling. And we can go from there.

Yes. That's what I'm going to do. Poseidon entrusted his only mortal son to me and I will not fail him.

Besides, I really do want to help the kid. God's know nobody was there for me when I needed them. Maybe I can be there for Percy.

Sorry for the short chapter. I hope you enjoyed this and I will try to update soon. Happy Holidays!