9

I'm sorry I haven't been updating any of my stories lately. I've been pretty busy, and just needed a bit of a break, ya know? I'm not sure when or what I'll publish next, but I'll try to publish as soon as I'm able. Thank you for your patience. I hope you enjoy the story.

Percy's POV:

I know it's wrong, but I just can't bring myself to care.

I'm curious now.

And curious is not what I've been feeling lately. So I'll take curious over the pain any day. Even if it means invading Apollo's privacy and poking my nose in his business in order to find out what he was talking about the other night at dinner.

So, I decided that today I would wake up just before sunrise and figure out a game plan. Apollo had been trying to get me to open up lately, so maybe I could use that to my advantage?

After all, that sort of thing works both ways. You have to give to get. Of course, this might mean a little cooperation on my part...But it's definitely worth it.

So, when I hear the knock at my door, I quickly rushed to the door to open it, only to find Poseidon standing on the other side.

So, naturally, I shut the door in his face immediately.

The sea god knocked again. "Percy, please don't be like that." He said through the closed door. "I want to try to help you, son."

"Don't you dare call me that!" I yelled at the wooden frame, barley paying attention as it began to shake. "I'm not your son! Leave me alone!"

"Percy, please, you need to calm down." He called again, this time sounding more worried.

No, not worried. Scared. Worried would mean he actually cared.

"Go away!" Now my whole body was shaking with anger. Or maybe that was the room, I couldn't really tell anymore.

"Percy?!" Another voice rang. Apollo's voice. "Percy, you need to calm down. You're going to destroy the whole temple!"

Realizing what I was doing, I tried as hard as I could to regain control of myself, of my powers, but it was no use. The harder I fought to control it, the worse it got.

"I can't!" I cried. "I can't stop!"

I couldn't breath. Everything was going so wrong so fast, it was making my head spin.

Before I knew it, I was on the floor, which was shaking more than ever. I didn't know what was happening. Nothing felt real.

All I knew, was I couldn't breath, I couldn't stop the earthquake, and I was all alone. It was like back at the apartment all over again... Everything shaking, gods yelling at me to stop, and I couldn't understand what was happening.

"Percy!" Apollo yelled, suddenly beside me. "It's okay, Percy, I've got you. Just breath."

The sun god wrapped me in a tight hug, still talking gently. "It's alright, Percy. You're okay, everything's okay. Just try to breath, okay?"

And, slowly but surely, breathing did become easier, and with it, the earthquake began to calm, and eventually stop.

"That's it." Apollo breathed. "Good. See? Everything's okay."

Except it wasn't. I still had no idea what happened, but I could've hurt someone. Maybe I did hurt someone, I still didn't know.

Apollo continued to murmur softly, rubbing my back in an attempt to comfort me.

It was then that I realized I was crying.

"Shh, It's okay Percy." The god reached up, still holding me firmly, and gently brushed my hair back. The second his hand touched my forehead, I felt whatever little amount of energy I had left leave me. "It's okay, Percy, just go to sleep."

I found myself relaxing against his chest, and soon enough, everything faded to black. 

Sorry the chapter is so short. I don't really have any reason for this, other than I couldn't come up with anything else at the moment, and I felt like it had been too long since my last update.