5

Sorry for the slow update. Major writers block lately. If you guys ever have any suggestions on what you think should happen, please feel free to comment!

Percy's POV:

When the meeting was over, Apollo quickly took me to one of his temples, which was built like a small palace.

It looked nice. Had a couple bedrooms, three bathrooms, a small med bay, two, that's right, two living rooms with several couches and a coffin table in each, a fully equipt kitchen, and a dining room with nice-looking mahogany chairs and table.

The air got slightly warmer when I stepped into the temple. It wasn't an uncomfortable temperature. It was nice, but still warm enough to make me a little sleepy.

"So this will be your room." Apollo said, leading me into one of the other bedrooms. "My room is the master bedroom over there," he gestured to the double doors. "Help yourself to anything at all, and if you need anything else, feel free to ask. Tomorrow I will have to check you for any physical injuries, although I'm sure my son took care of all that. I will also have to see about a mental examination. But for now, rest. I will come find you in the morning."

I nodded, and the sun god left.

I was alone.

I walked over to the queen-sized bed, and lay down. The mattress was unbelievably comfortable and the comforter was amazingly soft. Not even bothering to so much as remove my shoes, I curled into a tight ball, cradled in the warm covers, and began to cry.

It wasn't like before. I was nearly silent, besides the sound of my breathing. I didn't so much as whimper, because, as I said, it wasn't like before.

I wasn't angry. I wasn't scared.

I was just so tired.

I was so tired that I could fall asleep and never wake up, and yet I knew sleep was long from here. The only emotion I could feel was exhausted. Never before had I realized just how heavy the word tired was.

After a while, the tears stopped running down my face, and my mind went numb.

The numbness too, was no relief.

I suppose it wasn't numbness as all...

More like the tidal wave of emotions had overwhelmed me so much that I could no longer feel them. I wasn't really thinking. I wasn't really feeling.

I was just there.

And that was the worst part.

Being here. When everyone else had died because of me. I doubt I will ever be able to put into words what I was truly feeling. There are no words cruel enough to describe the feeling of numbness.

Of being tired.

Finally, after many hours of lying there, I drifted off into a restless sleep.