Ch. 8 Issues and solutions?

Chapter 8  

Issues and solutions?  

Angie POV  

“Hi, Honey. Would you please sit down?” my dad rather demands than asks. I sit down awkwardly looking around the room. My parents are on separate chairs and I am on the couch opposite them. They both stare at me.

“Look, Angie. I don't... we don't know how to say this...” my dad starts off but gets interrupted by moms loud voice.

It says “We're getting a divorce.” With this sentence thousands of questions start forming in my head. Where will I stay? Does she have a boyfriend? Who will get our custody? What will happen? But also the way my mom said it. T was like she didn't care. She just blurted it out. There was no regret in her voice. Rather boredom. I don't think she realizes how this is going to change our lives. She probably is going to wander off t one of her dozen affairs and forget about us. I really want to stay with my dad. I mean I spent more than half of my life-time with him when mom wasn't here. And mom. Well... I barely know her. She is just gone so often I don't know who she is anymore. It was kind of clear a divorce was goig to happen sooner or later. But this was like the most awful momentdastiny could have chosen. It is just to much for me. My brain is so occupied with thoughts about so much things that are going on. It is seriously overwhelming.  

“Any questions or thoughts?” my dad asks in a soft voice.

“I..umm... I am gonna go” I say awkwardly and stand up and leave. I run upstairs and into my room. I slam the door behind me and fling myself on my bed. All these thughts are going through my head again. Leave me alone! Let my brain rest! The ideas about my life after this divorce just keep coming and coming. Slowly I begin to realise that this actually happening. It is not just some nightmare. This is happening in real life! I can feel my eyes beginning to get wet. The first tears foll down my chheks and they don't seem to stop. I don't even bother to hold it back. I cry and cry until I eventually fall asleep.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Beep, beep, beep” I hear my alarm clock ring. Another day has begun. I look in the mirror and see it. With it I mean myself. My hair is everywhere in really weird angles, spit is on my mouth and snot right outside my nose has dried. This is just a pitiful state. I look horrible. I start combing my hair and slowly continue my morning routine of looking perfect. A little eyeliner, a little rouge and a tiny bit of lip-gloss. Perfect. If I don't look good, then people will know something is wrong. They will text about it and mumble about it and I really want to prevent all the unnecessary attention. I have to look perfect, so nobody knows I am crumbling inside. I can' tell anybody about the dicorce. I think of all the rumors and gossip. I hate my life, officially. I take a bite of an apple and run out of my house trying to avoid my parents because of the weird talk.  

As quick as school started it ends. I am on the way to my car when I see Hannah coming towards me.

She says “Hey. Look I have to tell you something. I kind of...”

“You kind of what?” I snap back.

“I kind of slept with Matt.”

“You kind of what?” I scream.

“Look. You will probably never understand my decision. But I know I can change him! He already changed! Because of m! Please! I am not a slut! Idid it because I love him!” She shouts.

“You love him, right! You did so you could get back at me! You can't lie!” I scream.

“Let us bet! I bet when I go into class tomorrow he will be really different and tell me to sit next to him! If I don't win then I lost to.. well... you!! But that is not going to happen! Toodles!” she says and walks away swingimg her hips like there is no tomorrow.      

I don't get her! She saw what happened to Vanessa! But she still falls for it! She should have been born blonde! God, she is seriously getting on my nerves! And my parents! My god! I hate my mom so much! Why couldn't she just get a normal job! Like lawyer or doczor or something where she could at least be there for me! I needed her! And she wasn't there! Never! I want to let it all out! But one wrong move and I'll lose everything I ever had! Reputation, popularity and friends! Why does my life have to be so complicated! But worst of all is not being able to talk to anybody about it! I have anger and frustration in me that I already had three years ago! That is a lot of anger! And I can never let it out! I can feel a tear rolling down my cheek. Great, now I am pitying myself. I quickly hide behind a bush so nobody can see me. Then I let it out. Everything I have ever hated, loved! I think about all my problems. I question life but never stop crying!  

“Hey, are you okay?” somebody asks. Shit, shit, shit! Turn around put on that fake smile you can pull off so weel after years of practising! As I turn around I recognise the person I front of me. Jace!  

He also recognises me and asks “Angie. What happened? Quickly get into the car!” Without thinking I just get into the car.  

“Where should we go?” he asks friendly when we are inside his car.  

“Just drive!” I say, sobbing. He drives and drives until we come to a park. We walk together through the park and come to a pond. We sit down on a bench and stare holes in the air.  

“What happened?” he says. He was staring at me all the time. I probably look all puffy and red in my face.

“Why do you care?” I fire back.  

“I care about you and I am interested I you!” he says. Well... that's a first. I was always scared to get to know someone because I thought they would use me to be popular. I guess that is why I haven't tried to be in a relationship. Ever. Yeah, I have never kissed a guy. But I don't have this feeling with Jace. He is just so different. And then I just blurt it all out. I tell him about Nessi, Hannah, Matt and my parents, the divorce and basically everything. Now after I finish with telling him everything, I sit next to him sobbing and crying my heart out. He just sits next to me.  

“I know how it feels like. Believe me, I know.” he replies.  

“What do you know? I would kill to have a life like you! Be a nobody. Relax. Not be under pressure. I would...” I say.  

“You don't even know me! You don't know what I have been through! Do you think my life is perfect! Seriously, in which bubble do you live? I am depressed and sad and poor. But believe me someday you will want something from me or need my help!” he says and storms off. What? Quick recall. We come here, me crying probably looking like shit and him listening. Then I say I would kill to have his life the turns all crazy and runs off. And by the way leaves me here in god knows where. I thought he said he was interested in me! He is so confusing! What is wrong with him? What is wrong with me! Did I say something wrong? Maybe he just wanted information. Now he has it and runs away! Oh no! He is going to tell everybody! I am so dead! No, no, no!!! This can't be happening! I should have listened to my brain and not my heart! Why does every guy have to be so...so! Where am I anyway? Some park in the middle of nowhere. Great! Thank you, Jace! It was always my ambition to be left alone in the middle of nowhere! You helped me so much! I get out my phone and think about who I could call to pick me up. My parents are off the limits. Nessi and Hannah are probably getting their nails done. Matt.. I don't want to seem needy. There is only one person that can help me. Jace. Why does it always come down zo him! I am so needy! He must probably think I am this needy little thing that always wants him and needs him!! What should I do? 

-------------------------------------
What a quick update, right? So.... What do you say to that? 3Ques
1. What fo you think she'll do?
2. Who will pick her up?
3. Do you like it?

Please follow, vote, share, comment and promote. Special thanks to jennyfudgespan, ivefeaz and Breathing Person for being great readers! corrected