Ch. 9 The Talk

Chapter 9

The Talk

Angie POV  

There is only one person that knows where I am. So I call Jace. God, I hate having to depend on a person. It is annoying. What is more annoying is the beeping on my phone. No sign of him picking up. Seriously, if he leave sme her in the middle of nowhere I am going to...  

“What do you want?” he starts, saying each word more cheekily than the one before. He is probably smiling to himself.  

“Ummm...hello? You left me in the middle of nowhere! Can you please come and pick me up?” I plead.  

“I told you someday you will need my help or want something from me!” he says arrogantly. Excuse me!   

“Good point! Where are you anyway!?” I ask. I swear, if he already left then he is going to get beat up real bad. By a girl.

“In the parking lot outside the park, waiting for you. I promise that this is no joke and I promise to birng you home!” he says.  

“Thank you! Seriously, man. Did you just want to surrender! Bad boy!” I say. Well that came out wrong. Since when do I say things like bad boy! What is happening to me!  

“I'll just ignore that last bit. Are you coming or what?” he asks.  

“Yes, Mr. Impatient Dumb-ass Nerd.” I reply. Before he can reply I end the call. He can't leave me here alone! He kind of promised to pick me up. I  jog to the parking lot and see him there. Standing with an cheeky face smiling at me.  

“Get over it!” I say. He just keeps smiling.  

When we start to drive he asks me “Do you want to go home?”  

“No please not. But then again school is over. I am sorry that you had to skip classes because of me. I was just in a very...pitiful state,  And by the way. Please don't tell anybody about the stuff we talked about. You are kind of the only person that knows about my life and problems.” I say unsure.   He indicates the-mouth-sealed-throwing-away-they-key-to-information sign. At least there was someone I can trust. That is all I actually need right now. A person I can lean on. Now it is getting awkward again. He turns on the radio. Dub step comes on.  

“Jace, PLEASE TURN THAT OFF!!!!” I shout over the horrible music invading my ears and making them explode.  

“Sorry! I thought you were into that kind of music. Guess I don't as much about you as I thought!” he says calmly.  

“Who listens to that! I mean seriously! For all we know it could be made by this 70-year old guy behind a computer pressing” I say

“a space bar!” we both say at the same time. Here it is again! It feels like we have known each other for years but actually barely know each other. It is so weird to be around him. Just awkward.  

“So. Do you have any siblings?” he asks.  

“Yeah. I have a brother. He is seven and his name is Jonathan. He is autistic. What about you? Any siblings?” I say.  

“I have three...uh...sorry two sisters and one brother. Lina is 11. Sarah is 12. Dylan is 14.” He says kind of getting nervous. I wonder why.  

“So you are four children! Woah! So how do your parents cope?” I ask hoping not to be intruding or anything.  

“Actually, my brother, Sarah and Lina and I, we live with my mom. So how are with the whole divorce thing?” he asks unsure and quickly changing the topic.  

“There are just so many unanswered questions and ugh... I don't know what I am going to do. I mean, it was clear that they would have a fight or a divorce sometime. But not now!” I say rather loudly. And there it is again. This awkward pause. I can see my house on the left and he drops me off.  

“Should I bring the dry cleaning down?” I ask carefully.  

“I think you have more important things to deal with right now. Just call me if you need help or advice. And we'll talk. Because of the dry-cleaning. Bye, Angie! And take care.” he says and closes the door. He drives away and I enter the house as quietly as I can so my parents don't notice me.  I failed.  

“Why are you so late?” Mom asks suspiciously.  

“I...uhh.. well.” I stutter while I escape into my room. Finally inside I let it all out. There it is again. That feeling. It kind of is weird that he is always there when I need him. He is the only one that listens to me and actually understands. He cares. If I talked to Hannah or Nessi about this, then they would have probably already taken over the throne of popularity. I never knew the geek and I could have something in common. I can't believe our connection. I just feel so relieved that I have at least one person to talk to. Eventhough it is a guy and a nerd! At least he listens. I go to my bed and ly down. Another day full of suprises. I don't know why but I start crying. I guess I am so overwhelmed by everything that I just don't know how to handle it. I don't even resist. I just let the tears roll down my cheeks.

-------------------------------------
Thanks for READING! Bad boy haha.
1, What do you say to the bad boy comment?
2, Do you like dubstep?
3, Did you like the chappy?
pls vote share comment follow and answer the questions?! kisses corrected