Chapter 2

Chapter 2

[13th October, 2017] [4:37PM]

"Julia... Pass me the knife." Rodnie held his hand out for his sister to pass him a knife. As soon as she placed the handle into his hand, he moved.

"Ughhhh..." The corpse groaned through the hole of the window. It's head had broken through the glass between the blanks of wood.

The blade of the knife came down and pushed its way into the corpses head, stabbing the brain. Rodnie pulled back the blade and pulled the creature back out the window before his sister pushed the large book cabinet in front of the windows hole.

In the meantime Rodnie's father packed their things into the van, three bags of clothes food bags of food. When everyone was on the van, Rodnie's father started it up and drove out.

The streets were packed with corpses, eating or chasing the living.

"We have to get Jess!" Rodnie yelled to his father over the sounds of the screams.

"We can't! The street to her house is packed! It's a suicide mission going through there!" The man yelled back.

"I DON'T CARE! WE ARE GETTING HER!"

The father grumbled and drove onwards towards Jessie's street.

[January 14th, 2018]

"Carla, come on!" Jessie tugged her younger sister away from a large house.

The house was beautiful, even if it was splattered in the corpses blood.

It had a large, slightly overgrown garden, which did contain weeds but it had some of the most beautiful roses growing up the side of the house.

A corpse stumbled through the doorway of the house, it's soulless eyes set upon the two girls.

"Ugghhh" It groaned as its left arm lifted lightly into the air before falling off.

The girls ran onto the street, heading for the blue car, which was parked at the other end. More corpses wondered their way on to the street.

"Jess..." Carla clutched onto her older sister, "They are getting closer."

"I know..." Jess lowered her hand and pulled out a knife, "Knifes ready."

[March 14th, 2018]

Jessie jumped up out of bed, well... not so much a bed but a small blanket with her backpack for a pillow.

She took a deep breath and rubbed her eyes.

She had been sleeping rough since the start of the apocalypse, the start of the infection.

Her mother was bit not long after they left home, she died protecting her daughter's... but only to be killed by Jess when she turned.

Jessica looked to her left and saw her younger sister still peacefully asleep.

"Carla... Time to go." Jess shook the young girl gently.

While Carla was waking up, Jess put on her dark red shirt over a black tank top. She wore skinny torn jeans and boots. She also clipped on her amethyst necklace, which now the silver was tinted red from the blood of the corpses.

"Okay... I'm up..." Carla moaned sleeping as she sat up. "Do we have any food?"

"Only... One very crushed packet of crisps. We have to go on a run today." Jess replied handing her sister the packet.

"Okay... " Her sister nodded and pulled on her boots. Carla wore a pair of dirty colour jeans and a T-Shirt with a black jacket.

Both girls tied their hair back before packing their things into three bags, one bag was Carla's clothes, one was Jessie's clothes and one was empty. The empty bag was filled with food and first aid supplies when they could get hold of some.