Chapter 6

Chapter 6

[ 10th April, 2018] - [1:10AM]

"Jess!! This way!" Emma called as she ran up the stairs.

Corpses were piling in faster now, climbing over one another in order to get to the fresh human bodies. Their growls and moans echoed through the abandoned house. Corpses of different sizes and appearances flooded in, following the girls upstairs.

Jess raced upstairs, following Emma up into the second floor. The girls hadn't really looked upstairs since they had arrived earlier in the night.

"Emma, the bathroom!" Jess suggested as they reached the top step. The corpses were fast approaching and climbing up. The two girls quickly moved away from the moving decreased hands which were reaching up for the fresh meaty legs. Emma and Jess jumped across the the bathroom at the far end of the corridor.

"Quickly in here." Jess called out as Emma fell behind, grabbing an old worn down painting from the wall and throwing it onto a corpses head. The girls ran in and slammed the door shut, moving the bolt to lock.

Thud! Thud!

The corpses began to bang onto the door. Bashing their cold bony hands and head against the wooden door, trying to smash it open.

Emma lent against the door, giving it more pressure to stay shut.

"You okay?"Emma asked, her breath slowing relaxing but from the sound of her voice her heart was still running one hundred miles per second. Her eyes drifted onto Jess as the red head sat herself down onto the edge of the bath.

Drip.

    Drip.

       Drip...

"Shit!!! Jess your arm!!"

Down Jessica's hand, crimson blood dripped, onto the side of the tub and down into a small puddle on the floor. Her sleeve was a dark tone of red as the blood continued to pour.

"Emma... Listen... I have to tell you something." Jess lifted her arm as if the blood pouring from it was the most nothing thing in the world. As if it was meant to bleed.

"Jess... You're scaring me. Please... Don't tell me you were.."

"I was..." Jess rolled up her bloody sleeve to reveal her now red bandage. As she pulled it away from her skin, more blood poured but it slowed down after a minute.

She wiped away the existing blood.

"When?" Emma asked, looking down as she lent harder on to the door which was now starting to move.

"A few weeks before I met you." Jess cleaned her wound. "I must of caught it on something. It hasn't bleed for quite some time."

"Wait... Before we met?" Emma looked up, a sudden spark of hope flicked into her eyes.

"Yeah. I know, it usually takes up to eight hours to change." Jess groaned.

"EXACTLY!" Emma yelled happily which freaked Jess out when you looked at their predicament.

"And that's good?" Jess took some cleaner tissue and re-wrapped her wound.

"OF COURSE IT IS!" Emma bounced against the door as she continued to hold it shut from the corpses who were out there.

"Why is it?" The red asked as she tucked the tissue into the back piece, trying not to rip it.

"Because, you could be the cure! The one who could save the human race-" Emma grinned ecstatically