Chapter 7

Chapter 7

[11th April 2018] - [9:38AM]

Sofia sat at the cafeteria, an empty plate in front of her. She had just had a delicious breakfast, made up of eggs, bacon, toast, hash browns and a few slices of tomatoes. She also had a glass of water to help it all down. Carla sat beside her and Julia across from her. 

"Sofia, what are we going to do?" Carla asked. She felt like all her hope had been lost. 

She wasn't as bad as Rodnie, but she felt lost without her older sister. 

"I don't know... I haven't spoken to Rodnie since yesterday..." Sofia replied, her concern was growing. Maybe she shouldn't of told Rodnie what had happened, but he would of found out  some other way. "But I still believe something is going on here." Sofia placed her fork down on her plate neatly.

"You always do." Julia looked up from her own plate of food. "Sofia, what exactly do you feel is wrong here. They seem to be nice people. They took us in and gave us food!" 

"I know, but last ni--" Before she could finish General Git walked in, his clothes had a slight stain of blood on his sleeve, his face had a small splash of blood. 

"Hello ladies, did you enjoy your stay?" The general asked. 

Julia nodded, looking back down at her plate, not noticing the blood. Carla didn't say anything, but she kept staring at his face, Sofia could only assume that she had noticed the blood on his face.

Upon closer inspection, Sofia noticed a few scratches across his face. 

"We slept well, what happened to you?" Sofia asked, pointing the marks of his skin out. 

"Oh it appears someone tried to break in last night to steal supplies. We have her in the pits until we can get information. She put up quite a fight." He replied pulling out a handkerchief. He lifted it to his face and wiped away the blood. 

"Can I asked, what she looked like?" Carla asked, a tiny spark flicked through her almost lifeless blue eyes. 

"Of course, you were looking for someone." The general egg-head replied. "She had dirty short auburn hair, she was at least five foot seven--"

"That isn't Jess." Carla sighed in despair, the shimmering light of hope was now gone, with no sighs of returning anytime soon. 

"Carla, we'll find her." Julia smiled weakly, but as she spoke a young man approached behind her.

"RODNIE!" Carla smiled, glad to see him alive. 

"We won't." His voice was cold and soulless as he spoke. His eyes were just as cold. "She's dead.... I spoke to one of the guards last night, Alex. He said that one of the two girls from the house matched the description of Jess. She even dropped this during her change..." His voice weakened as he pulled out a necklace from his pocket. It was Jessica's necklace. 

The beautiful necklace was no longer as beautiful. 

The silver was tinted red and as for the gem itself, it was scratched but it looked like it had be polished everyday.

"Jessica's necklace... " Carla took a deep breath. Julia could see Carla's heart break the more she stared at the necklace.

Sofia took the necklace from Rodnie's hand, "Look, I don't think we should just give up... The necklace could of been stolen from Jess and the thief could of just had the same colour hair."

Sofia tried and tried to cheer everyone up, but... To no avail, they remained silent and sad, morning the loss of their loved one.

[ 8:48 AM]