chapter sixteen.

Lilly

I opened the door to the Gallagher home and helped Carl to the kitchen table. Searching the house, I found a first aid kit with some bandages.

As I started to clean off the blood, he grabbed my arm.

"Why are you helping me?" He spoke.

"Because it's the right thing to do."

I returned to cleaning up his face and he took hold of my arm once again.

"But I didn't treat you right. I was an asshole."

"Carl, it's ok-"

"No Lilly, it isn't. I shouldn't have called you selfish or a bitch. I was just mad because I saw you kissing the one guy."

"I get it Carl, it was a mistake. Everyone makes mistakes, it's ok."

"I hate that I hurt you. Lip told us about you pulling a Frank."

We were quiet as I finished putting the bandages and helped him up to his room.

"Lilly?"

"Yes?"

"Thank you."

I turned off the light as I shut the door behind me. Standing behind the door, I hesitated for a split second then burst into Carl's room.

"What the fu-"

I placed my lips against Carl. He slowly eased into the kiss. It was lustful yet passionate.

---

"Any plans after school?" Alex asked, placing his arm propped up against a locker.

I ducked under his arm and started walking towards class.

"Look buddy, you have to make appointments to hang out."

"Alright then, can I make an appointment for tomorrow?"

"No."

"Day after?"

"Nope."

"Sometime next week?"

"Sorry bud, only friends can make appointments. And if I remember clearly, you've only reached the acquaintance level. Better luck next time." I patted his shoulder and continued walking.

"Well how can I get promoted?"

"Leave."

"What?"

I felt an arm wrap around my shoulder and recognized the cologne.

"She means stop being a clingy little bitch and give her some space."

"I couldn't have said it better myself Carl", I laughed, "anyways I've got to go to class."

---

Lunch

"Maybe you should get a restraining order against him" Debbie suggested.

"And have my dad be a total ass about it? Yeah, no thanks." I replied.

"Speaking of the rich prick, here he comes" Maggie pointed out.

Alexander waltzed over to our table and sat down next to me. He placed an arm around my shoulder and attempted to take one of my fries, which resulted to his hand getting smacked.

"I'm canceling our plans for tonight babe, I've got a date."

"1, I'm not your babe. 2, we never had plans. 3, I feel bad for who ever the girl is. And 4, if you ever reach for my food I won't hesitate to break your finger." I shrugged off his arm.

"Were you always this feisty?"

"Were you always this annoying?"

He leaned towards my ear and whispered.

"I could have any girl in this school, yet I choose you. You're lucky."

"More like cursed. But I'd like to see you try because you can totally get any girl" I replied, sarcasm easily noticeable.

He walked up to Holly and kissed her. When they pulled apart, he returned to our table. I scoffed and shook my head.

"You call that a kiss? Here, take some tips."

I grabbed Carl's shirt and crashed my lips onto his. Alex stormed off as we continued kissing. After we pulled apart, Carl placed an arm around my shoulder.

"Maybe that rich prick should've transferred sooner."