chapter twenty-two.

Lilly
"Wake up sleepyhead" Lewis coo'd.

I rubbed my eyes as I pushed myself up against the headboard. As Lewis threw a sweater on my bed I glanced over at my window.

"What time is it?" I yawned, rubbing my eyes.

"It's 2:30am" Lewis stated throwing a beanie onto the bed, adding to the collection.

"Why the hell did you wake me up? I have school in a couple of hours!" I groaned, throwing the blanket over my head.

I heard movements coming towards me then the blanket being torn away from me.

"Hurry up and get dressed, we're going on an adventure!"

---

"So how much longer?" I rubbed my hands together as the chilly Chicago air nipped at them.

"We're here!" Lewis exclaimed, pointing towards a luxurious home.

"This place seems kind of familiar, who's house is this?" I followed Lewis as he led me through an open window.

"The Andrew's residency."

"What!" I exclaimed which earned a shush from Lewis.

"We're here to get some sort of dirt on Alex-"

"Which we could use against him." I finished and high fived Lewis.

As we searched around Alexander's room for a while, we stumbled upon an unlocked safe.

"Open it" Lewis nudged me with his foot.

I opened it and found drugs, money, guns, a picture of me and a pair of my underwear.

"I've been looking for these!" I whisper yelled as Lewis took pictures of the containments in the safe.

He laughed and returned everything to how it was. As we were about to leave, Alex stirred in his sleep. We froze and listened to his incoherent whispers. The whispers got louder and started to sound more sexual. As the whispers got louder, his words became clearer.

"Lilly..." he groaned.

I turned to face Lewis and mouthed to him, "He's fucking having a wet dream!"

The little tent that formed beneath the blankets had went down and Alexander had turned to face the opposite direction. We quickly left the room and exited the house.

---

"I can't believe we actually just did that!" I exclaimed, jumping around as the adrenaline rushed through me. "I just feel so... ALIVE! Like I could rob a bank right now."

Lewis let out a laugh as he shook his head. "It's just a rush of energy before a huge crash."

I rolled my eyes and started to walk backwards and bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mea-"

"Hey rich daughter-in-law of mine! I haven't seen you for a bit, got a 20 on you?"

I sighed and reached into my pocket to pull out some money. "Frank what are you doing up at this time? You're usually pasted out in some alley by now."

He took the money and lit a cigarette. "I stopped by my house to check on my ungrateful family and I've noticed somethings."

"Like what?" I questioned.

"Everyone, especially Carl and Debbie, seem out of it. They all look mopey and depressed like they have no purpose." He rambled, taking a drink from his beer. "But maybe that's the alcohol and the weed from earlier talking. Anyways it was nice seeing ya kid."

Frank walked pasted us and continued to wherever he was going.

I turned to face Lewis. "I need to go talk to them."