ix

Eve

I had hoped that my dinner with Simon would remain a secret, but when it came to that boy and keeping his mouth shut, I knew the news of it would spread. I brushed my hair over my shoulder, chewing the outer corner of my lip as I flung open my car door and got out. I locked my car, shoving my keys into my back pocket before making my way up towards the front door. I pushed my sunglasses up onto my head before I raised my hand to knock on the door.

The door clicked open in front of me and as I met eyes with Simon, my stomach started to twist with anger. Briefly, I had wondered why I had even bothered coming to speak to him when I could have just let it go. But, alas, he had decided to talk to all of his friends about our little 'date' and how he was told to by Sarah and Cal in order to try and shift my opinion of Simon and make me a less of a hassle when it came to their actual wedding date. I knew I should have been more angry at Sarah and Cal for setting me up but I was angrier at Simon for giving the impression to his friends that I was some sort of gullible idiot.

"Oh hey, Eve." he said, running his fingers through his hair. He was sweaty and dressed in sports gear, I deducted he'd probably been in the gym. I folded my arms over my chest, raising a brow as I looked him up and down. I got a gut feeling that I was overreacting about him lying to me but, even if Simon and I weren't friends, I didn't want to be lied to.

"Why'd you lie to me?" I asked, tightening my grip on my arm as I dug my fingernails lightly into my skin. He raised a brow, rubbing the back of his hand against his upper lip.

"What do you mean?" he responded, noting the look on my face before continuing, "Oh, how did you find out about that?"

"Callum, believe it or not, happens to tell me a lot" I spat, looking up at him. Simon narrowed his eyes, leaning against the door frame with his arms folded.

"You mean, Freezy? He told what I said?" Simon asked. I nodded and it was then that I noticed that Simon froze, his eyes widening. He clenched his jaw a little, briefly looking me over before his eyes returned to my face. "He didn't mention anything else though did he? Just the stuff about Sarah and Cal."

"Yeah, why?" I questioned, raising a brow as I reached up to readjust my sunglasses "He just told me about how you were basically blackmailed to take me out when you openly said that you were doing it on your own accord."

"You really think I'd take you out? Without any persuasion?" Simon sneered, letting out a breathy laugh. I had to admit the feeling that washed over me then was unexpected, I was a little hurt. Even though I was angry at him for lying to me, I really thought he was trying with me like I had tried with him on numerous occasions but then I remember this was Simon and he never did anything for anybody other than himself.

"So, what did they bribe you with? Money?" I said, clearing my throat.

He tapped the side of his nose, "The less you know, Eve, the less you know."

I frowned, folding my arms back over my chest. I was curious to know what they had bribed him with, but I didn't really know what he liked so I couldn't guess what they had offered him. I bit my lip before I glanced back up at him.

"Well, I guess I should go." I said, rolling my foot onto its side. He shrugged, resting his hand on the side of the door as he took a step backwards.

"Do you wanna come in?" he asked, noting my expression before rolling his eyes "I'm actually doing this as me now, Eve. Its not like Sarah and Cal have arranged times for us to meet."

"I guess half an hour won't hurt." I stated, subconsciously kicking myself for giving into him so easily. But, I wasn't doing this for me, I was doing this for Sarah and if spending time with Simon was what she wanted then I would do. No matter how badly he hurt my feelings or how badly I wanted to slap the stupid smug grin off his lips. I would do this for Sarah and Cal's big day because their happiness meant a lot to me even if meant sacrificing my own and spending my free time with a boy I hated.

"But do me a favour?" I said, shutting the door behind me as I followed him into the house. He raised a brow, gesturing for me to continue. I scrunched up my nose, "Please shower, you stink."

"Only if you get in the shower with me." he openly said, making his way to the bottom of the spiral staircase in the middle of the hallway.

"Ew, what the fuck, no." I said, scrunching up my nose even tighter. It was then I felt two fingers squish my nose tightly before pulling away. I frowned, looking down at Simon's hand before back up at his face.

"Don't scrunch your nose up like that." he said, taking the first couple of steps up the stairs "It makes you look like the Grinch."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

i'm back with another update and i know it's taken me about seven years to write this but i have been super busy and as i explained in my recent update of awkward, this book will now be my main focus

hope you enjoyed!
remember to vote and comment

nell
17/07/17