xix

- Eve

I crossed my legs over, taking a sip of my Capri-Sun as I looked up at the TV. I rubbed my eyes tiredly, sighing as I relaxed into Callum's sofa. He had invited me over after work, to watch films with him, Harry and the other Cal. I had just expected it to be those three but when I realised that Joel, Will, Simon and Josh Pieters were all over, I really wished I had declined. I was tired, work was busy today as Karen was already planning the autumn magazine and Eric and I had been brainstorming ideas for photo shoots all morning and then deciding when and where we would take the photos all afternoon.

"Are you drinking a Capri-Sun?" Simon asked from the sofa next to the one I was sat on. I nodded, taking another sip from the orange straw and letting the sweet orange flavour wash over my tongue. It was just Simon and I in the living room as the rest of the boys were in the kitchen, ordering take out food and organizing drinks.

"Where did you get it from?" he questioned and I looked over at him and pulled the straw from my mouth.

"I bought it on my way home from work, why?" I responded before taking another sip of the straw.

"Can I have some?" he asked, moving his eyes from the Capri-Sun to my mouth before meeting my eyes. I frowned, shaking my head and he rolled his eyes.

"Go buy your own." I said, shaking the packet a little "Besides, it's almost empty anyway."

Simon tutted, turning away from me and facing towards the TV again. The rest of the flat soon came back into the living room, taking seats on the two sofas with drinks in their hands. Will, Cal, Joel and Callum all sat on the same sofa as me whilst Harry and Josh went and sat with Simon. It was then that Will nudged me with his hand, waving a twenty-pound note in my face. I raised a brow, looking down at the money before back at him.

"What's that for?" I asked, resting my drink on my leg and tucking my hair behind my ear.

"The taxi fare." he said, pushing it a little closer towards me. I shook my head, pushing his hand away.

"It wasn't twenty quid, Will." I said, giving him a soft smile "Anyway, you can just pay for the taxi next time. And the drinks."

"Who said there'd be a next time?" Will asked, raising an eyebrow playfully. I giggled, shaking my head before picking up my drink.

"There will be a next time. We should hang out more often, you're a lovely guy, Will." I said, shamelessly flirting with him. A scoff caught my attention and I looked over at Simon with a raised brow. His eyes seemed a little darker but they were still there normal shade of blue, yet they looked slightly more angry than they usually did. What was his problem?

I turned back to Will, "So, you in?"

"Yeah! Obviously." Will said, giving me a playful smile before looking over at Simon and then back at me. It was then that Callum gave Will and friendly punch on the arm, grinning.

"Get in there mate." Callum joked, looking over at me and then back at Will. I rolled my eyes, opening my mouth to reply when Simon let out another scoff. Callum looked over his shoulder, watching Simon scroll through his phone with the angered look still on his face. It was then that I noticed how the blue light of his phone made the silver stands at the front of his hair light up and now that I came to think of it, Simon's hair was one of the only things I liked about him.

"Oh, don't be so moody just because someone's flirting with your girl." Harry jested, punching Simon in the leg. The room fell silent then, everyone's eyes, apart from Simon's, were on me and I suddenly felt very small. Joel did a double take, looking at me and then at Simon before taking a slow sip of his drink. Anybody who knew Simon or me, knew about our difficult relationship and how neither of us could make it five minutes without being at each other's throats.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked, filled the silence. Callum glanced over at Harry, giving him a death glare before looking back at me. He shook his head with a shrug.

"Nothing, Eve, he's just messing with you." Callum said, giving me a smile. I raised my brows, looking over at Harry with an angered expression.

"I will never be his girl, ever." I hissed, gritting my teeth slightly as I looked over at Simon. He narrowed his eyes, returning my glare with just as much anger. He then averted his gaze over to Will, his eyes were still angry and I'm sure that Will was feeling like he had caused the awkwardness that now filled the room.

"Not like I want you to be." Simon muttered under his breath, running his fingers through his hair and shoving his phone into his pocket. Will looked over at me and I met his eyes, I mouthed a quick apology at him before we both turned to Simon who for reasons unknown, looked like he was about to explode in anger, or embarrassment or a fatal mix of the two.

"She's all yours Will, fucking take her." Simon said, getting up from his seat and walking over to the front door and pulled his shoes on his feet. He was clearly over reacting, Harry had just made a joke and he had taken it too far, like he did with pretty much anything that involved me.

"Hey, hey, Harry didn't mean it." Cal said, getting to his feet to try and stop Simon from leaving but he stopped in his tracks when Simon muttered something under his breath and flung open the front door with such a force that it slammed into the wall which caused all of us to jump. I had to admit, even though he was being extremely childish about the whole situation and leaving because of a stupid joke was pathetic but I didn't want him to interfere because despite all the times we had argued, I had never seen Simon this angry before.

"Have fun on your date, Eve! I'm sure Will is going to take such good fucking care of you."

And with that, the door slammed closed and Simon was gone.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

"xix" chapter, how lit and just because i added in a cheeky sidemen gif

and also, angry simon was angry in this chapter hot damn. the anGST LMAO

remember to vote and comment!

nell
21/08/17