xxix

Eve

Twisting the tap of the sink, I felt the lukewarm water splash against my fingers as I ran them under the water. The bathroom, was quiet, despite the loud music that was playing outside in the venue for many of the guests to dance to or just to listen to whilst having in-depth questions that you had at weddings.

As I pumped some soap onto the palm of my hands, the door to the bathroom flew open and I met the eyes of girl who was a little younger than me. She was slim, her hair was dark and was pulled into a half-up, half-down style with a flower. She was wearing a lilac dress that just brushed the floor that matched the small, white and lilac bracelet that clung to her dark skin.

"Oh hey!" she spoke, judging by her voice, I deducted she was American and I returned the smile that she gave me "I didn't know anyone else was in here."

I shook my head with a light chuckle, "Sorry, I needed a pee. I'll be out of your way if you want some privacy."

The girl hesitated then, cocking her head to one side as she looked me over in the mirror before she let out a light gasp "You're Eve, right?"

I raised an eyebrow, catching eyes with her again in the mirror again as I washed the leftover soap off my hands as I watched her take a small step towards me. I nodded slowly in answer to her question and she leaned against the sink, hugging her small clutch tight to her chest.

"Cal talks about you all the time!" she said "I'm Kisha, by the way." it was then she noticed my confused expression, "Has Cal not mentioned me?"

"No, not really," I said with a shake of my head. I bit my lip as I watched her face fall, she looked a little upset and she took a small step back with a small sigh.

"So, you're from America right?" I asked, brushing my hand over my upper arm as I watched Kisha nod as she ran the water over her hands "How'd you meet Cal then?"

"Oh, well, I'm at University at the moment." she said and I smiled at her, "Cal and I met at the coffee shop I work at. We started talking one shift, we exchanged numbers and we've been going on dates ever since. We're taking it steady because I don't want to dive into a relationship with him only to realise I have to go back home to the U.S."

I nodded, "Oh I see. What do you study at University?"

"I study Maths."

I nodded approvingly and watched Kisha dry her hands before grabbing her clutch off the side. I took a few steps towards the door before leaning over to open it up for Kisha and I. She was about to leave before I stopped her, giving her a smile, "Listen, Cal didn't forget talking about you on purpose. I haven't seen much of him recently so he could have wanted me to tell me today. Don't stress it."

Kisha smiled, rubbing my arm before we both left the bathroom together. The loud sound of the music hit us already and I looked around at all the guests. Callum was at the bar with another familiar blonde and I looped arms with Kisha, tugging her towards the bar so the both of us could get a drink.

"Hey Cal." Kisha greeted, letting go of my arm to go and stand next to him. I smiled as I watched him wrap an arm around her waist, looking down at her with grin. It was then Simon looked over his shoulder, looking me up and down before taking a slow sip of his drink. I gave him a small half-smile, hopping up onto the bar stool next to him. He placed his bottle of beer down, running his fingers through his hair before he leaned closer to me.

I called the waiter over and watched as he placed the glass he was cleaning down and came over to me with a smile. I returned his grin, fixing the strap of my dress before I cleared my throat "Could I have a Raspberry Mojito, please?"