6: Fire Temple

I'm in an ancient, white stone room, a golden door glistening ahead of me and a pale, blue-grey stone floor beneath my feet. I feel an overwhelming urge to find Zelda, but don't address her as a princess in my mind. At this point, I realize I might be witnessing and feeling another memory, instead of a dream. Something from long ago. That is, if past life memories are capable of being remembered at all.

The smell of earth, vegetation and crisp water engulf me, but my senses don't relax at such wonderful scents. In front of me, I see Ghirahim, but I don't know that's who I'm looking at. I've just heard him talk about how he tried to kill me, and capture Zelda with a tornado, along with witnessing him hold an onyx rapier that had an ebony aura, but it disappeared in a flurry of diamonds the same colour as the blade.

"Oh, but listen to me. I am being positively uncivil. Allow me to introduce myself." Ghirahim speaks, his voice slimy and chokingly vain. "I am the Demon Lord who presides over this land you look down upon, this world you call the Surface. You may call me Ghirahim. In truth, I very much prefer to be indulged with my full title; Lord Ghirahim. But I am not fussy."

I knit my brows in anger and determination, feeling hatred begin to ignite inside of me. This demon in front of me is the cause of Zelda's danger. And he's standing in my way of catching up to her, to keep her safe. I draw my sword and shield, prepared for battle. With Ghirahim's back to me, I notice his cloak is different than the one he is wearing now. This one has three slits and doesn't reach to his ankles, instead ending near his waist. It also doesn't have a hood.

"Did you really just draw your sword? Foolish boy." Ghirahim chastises, turning to look at me. He extends his arms out on either side of him and I notice there's a chain with two amber coloured diamond jewels on either side of it along the collar of his cape. "By all rights, the girl should have fallen into our hands already."

Ghirahim curls his arms to his chest, clenching his fists and lowering his shaking head. Anger seethes and drips from his every word.

"She was nearly ours when that loathsome servant of the goddess snatched her away. Do you have any idea how that made me feel inside? Furious!" He throws his hands to either side, "Outraged!" Now he throws his hands upward. "Sick with anger!" He throws his head back as he growls vehemently and then disappears, leaving behind his magical signature of obsidian, garnet, snowy, and amber diamonds that fade quickly.

I look around to try and locate where Ghirahim has gone. I can't find him, but I hear him speak again, rage booming in his tone as his voice echoes around me.

"This turn of events has left me with a strong appetite for bloodshed." He chuckles psychotically and then I feel his hot breath on my neck, sending shivers over my skin in all the wrong ways, which causes me to widen my eyes in shock and fear, leaving my body stick in place. "Still...it hardly seems fair, being of my position, to take all of my anger out on you. Which is why I promise up front not to murder you... No, I will just beat you within an inch of your life!" He slithers out his tongue, wiggling it and hissing like a snake.

I jerk away and turn around to face him, panting in fear as I keep my sword and shield ready for a fight.

Ghirahim's deranged chuckles echoes as he smirks, both sounding and looking a far cry from how they do now. These actions are feral, chaotic, crazed. Practically insane, like his mind has irrevocably snapped. He extends his hands out with a flourish, throwing his head back once more and cackles loudly. His cape disappears in a swarm of diamonds the same colour as the fabric, and he stares at me with bloodlust overtaking his eyes, darkening them to a sickening, oily black.

A bolt of fear rattles through my body, but I stand firm as Ghirahim summons his sword. Then a flash of a battle ensues. I swing and swing, only for Ghirahim to catch my blade between his fingers mockingly every time. He summons daggers with ruby auras and sends them flying at me. I deflect them with my shield and try to avoid any of his sword swings. Then, everything becomes as black as Ghirahim's bloodthirsty eyes.