8: Ganondorf

I awaken with something warm pressing against my chest. Looking down, I see Ghirahim's head laying on me, his face asleep and looking peaceful. Smiling to myself, I admire the demon cuddled up to me, his hair falling over part of his face and tickling my chest. One of my arms is around his shoulders and one of his arms is draped over my stomach, his breathing steady as his head moves up and down with my own breaths.

Moving the hair that fell in front of his face, I tuck it behind his left, pointed ear and see no earring on this one. Interesting... I comment, wondering why he only wears one earring. Did it even have a significance? Or is it simply a choice?

"Admiring the view?" Ghirahim murmurs, his hot breath streaming onto my chest as he props himself on his elbow.

Goosebumps spread over my body from his breath. Looking into his umber irises, I can't find any words to retort. His lips curl into a smirk and his eyes dance with mischief and adoration. I hope dearly that my own ocean eyes show the same adoration to him.

"Have I made you speechless, Skychild?" He purrs, leaning toward my face, his warm breath causing his closeness to not be the only thing reddening my cheeks.

Grabbing the back of his head, I close the space between us and press my lips against his roughly as sparks tingle across my lips. Ghirahim places a balmy hand on my chest as my hand moves to the back of his head and starts to intertwine in his silky, snowy hair. Letting go of the back of his head, I let Ghirahim pull away and we stare at each other with longing. Yesterday we had done nothing beyond kissing and then cuddling together as we slept. We may have been lovers in previous lives, but we both still must get to know how we are this life. No matter how hard it is to wait.

"Why do you wear only one earring?" I question, curiosity piquing in my mind as I touch the cool crystal earring dangling from his right earlobe.

He shrugs and smirks widely, "Style choice. Of course, my immaculate form allows me to wear whatever I wish. So, why not make it interesting and memorable?"

I nod and place my hand on Ghirahim's cheek, stroking his soft skin where his onyx diamond is with my thumb. He's right. He can pull off this bold look that I can't imagine on any Hylian I'veever met, and he still looks irresistible.

"We ought to get ready," Ghirahim breathily pulls me from my admiring of him and I nod in agreement.

Standing from the bed, both Ghirahim and I get dressed. We also remove our bandages since our wounds healed overnight after taking more potions to speed up the process. As I strap on my baldric belt, I check my pouches and, from seeing my lowering stock of potions, I remember I need to get more today. We do have three more temples to enter and cleanse before we can attempt to get into Castle Town. However, I still don't know how we'll get into Castle Town, let alone how to get the Master Sword or the Light Medallion, which are both housed inside the barrier that surrounds the town.

I let out a sigh as a feeling of hopelessness seeps into my heart and washes over my body. Then I feel Ghirahim wrap his arms around my waist, pressing himself into my back and resting his chin on my shoulder.

"What is the matter, Skychild?" He breathes by my ear, sending a small shiver to run down my spine. Especially from that name and I quickly inhale deeply to keep my body in check.

"Just thinking about all we need to do," I reply as nonchalantly as I can. I know Ghirahim won't judge me for feeling overwhelmed or hopeless. However, I have this need to be strong, as I always have. It's not an easy habit to break after so long of having it. "Also, I need to restock my potions in Kakariko Village."

Ghirahim lets out a sigh and let's go of my waist. When I turn around to look at him, I see his arms crossed over his chest and a mixture of emotions weaving around behind his eyes. I also notice that he fixed his glove from yesterday's battle. Magic is wondrous.