prologue

Confidence was something Jackson always lacked. No matter how well he did or how highly people spoke of him, he could never shake off the sinking feeling that he could have done better. After every show he filmed and every song he recorded, he couldn't help but feel like he wasn't fit for his job. He knew there were more talented people out there, yet he was the one that lucked out.

When he first debuted with GOT7, he was the boldest. At that point, he was still a nobody and he felt like he had nothing to lose; now, however, he was nearly the opposite. No one really wanted to take a chance and act out when they first started doing reality shows, so Jackson took the initiative. It was because of that that Jackson was the one that got noticed and castes into more variety shows. And while that was true, Jackson didn't believe it was any more than that. He didn't think that there was any more reason to it.

As time went on, the other members became more confident in showing their true colours on camera. While Jackson was glad his friends were finally being themselves, he knew what that meant for him. He would quickly be outdone and outshined, leaving him in need of another defining trait. His group members would get the attention they deserved, but he knew he would be left in the dust.

But, in the end, it didn't matter. Jackson didn't need to be in the spotlight to be happy because he would always have someone by his side. Mark would always be his number one fan and, to Jackson, that was enough.