Chapter 2: Camila

Friday, September 15th

Glistening Woods

6:40 p.m

"Just try to have fun alright?" Chris says as he hands me a drink. I sniff it to smell the alcohol and raise it towards him as I lift my eyebrows.

"You're joking right? How do I know you didn't put any drugs in this drink?" I ask as I hand it back to him. He pushes it back towards me as he shakes his head side to side.

"Now Cami, you've known me for a whole two weeks. Do you really think I'd do that to you?" he asks as he tries to smile innocently. Well he tried because with the whole look he has going on, he looks anything but innocent. His leather jacket that covers up his sleeve of tattoos on his right arm doesn't help him prove his point.

"Chris, you're the guy a girl's parents warn her to stay away from" I joke. "Oh and it's Camila" I said in a serious tone.

"Whatever. You're lucky your parents forced you to come with me, if not you would've missed the party of the year. Now I see some girls staring our way, I'm not sure if it's because I'm standing next to a girl with your hair color or if she's looking at my good looks. Although I'm sure it's because of my good looks. Would you do me a favor and behave while I go over there and confirm my suspicion." Chris says as he begins to walk away from me. I roll my eyes. He seems like he's been this way his whole life and I don't see him changing in the future. I look around the crowd and everyone is a stranger to me. No surprise there. 

Why am I even here? I should be home. By myself.

I walk over to a tree and lean against it. I look down at the drink in my hand and sigh. There was no way I was going to drink this, it reeked of pure alcohol.

"Hey" I look up to see a boy with platinum blond hair in front of me, he's tall and not going to lie, he's cute. I nod my head in response and quickly turn away. "Look at me when I'm talking to you" he says as he rests his hand next to my head on the tree. Now leaning on the tree his breath smells of alcohol.

"What do you want?" I ask avoiding eye contact.

"Stop being such a bitch and have fun" he said bluntly. 

It's one thing to invade my personal space but there was no way I was going to let him speak to me like that. I grip on to my cup tighter and throw whatever was in it, at the guy's face.

"Asshole."

He stares at me in shock and I push his hand off the tree making him almost lose his balance. His green eyes fill with anger and walk away from him without looking back. I look around to see if anyone saw what just happened only to see a guy who's laughing uncontrollably, while the guy next to him just stares directly at me. I shrug it off and continue on walking through the crowd. The crowd is like a huge mosh pit that never ends. After being pushed around nonstop, I finally make it to the other side.

"Cami!" I turn to see Chris running towards me.

"It's Camil-" I didn't even get the chance to finish when he runs past me and grabs my wrist. He pulls me along with him as he sprints through the trees. We run until we get to where all the cars are parked and he pulls me down to the ground.

"What the actual fu-" I try to talk again but he covers my mouth with his hand. With his other hand he lifts his index finger up to his closed mouth and motions for me to be quiet. Our faces are a few inches away and he's almost on top of me as he tries to hide us in between two cars that are tightly parked. A few seconds later I hear guys run past us.

"You know you shouldn't leave before midnight!" A guy yells but then the footsteps begin to sound further and further away.

I watch Chris' chest rise up and down as he tries to calm down his breathing from the sprint he just did. We wait a few minutes before he removes his hand from my mouth.