Austin

Wednesday, November 8th 

Camila's House

6:00 p.m 

I walk into Camila's room and see it's the exact same as the other time I was here. I watch as she quickly puts away a binder, it's the exact same binder she was looking at the first day I came here. 

"So where are your parents?" I ask as I realize how quiet the house actually is. 

"Why? Did you come here just because you thought my mom was going to have a plate of freshly baked cookies waiting for you?" I set my backpack down next to her door and went to sit next to her on the bed. 

"How did you know?!" I asked as I over dramatically pretended to be surprised. 

"Lucky guess" she says as she stares directly at me. We're silent for a few seconds as we look at each other, but the silence doesn't last for long. Before we know it we're both laughing uncontrollably. "They're on a business trip" she says after she manages to control her laughter. 

"Oh too bad. I was really looking forward to the cookies" 

"Well who says we can't have cookies?" Camila says as she lifts her eyebrows. I look at her confused as to what she meant. "Are you up for a little baking Park?" she asks as she stands up. 

"If it means I get to eat the cookies after then...HELL YEAH!" I yell the last part causing us to burst into another fit of laughter. 

We soon found ourselves attempting to bake cookies, but if I'm going to be honest it wasn't going so well. The kitchen was a complete mess but we had just finished placing our cookies in the oven. 

"Now all we have to do is wait" Camila said as she began to clean the mess we made. I helped her clean the kitchen, since most of the mess was my fault. 

"Thank you" she said randomly as she continued cleaning. 

"For what?" 

"For being a friend" she said casually. Hearing her call me a friend made me feel two different emotions, relieved and upset. I was relieved that I was able to be someone that could make her laugh, but I was upset at the fact that I was friend zoned. 

Chill dude. You're still in a relationship. 

"No problem" I respond with my best fake smile. After we finished cleaning we checked on the cookies. Camila took them out of the oven and placed them on the table. 

"Um...maybe we should-" she began to say as she looked at the burnt cookies. 

"I'm on it" I interrupted as I dial the pizza place. I order us a large pepperoni pizza as she throws away the cookies. "Eh, it could've been worse" I admit. 

"Well now I know why my mom never lets me cook or bake" 

"At least the only thing we burned was the cookies" I laugh. 

We decided to go in her living room and watch tv while we wait for the movie. 

"What would you like to watch?" she asks as she turns on the tv. "Have you watched Riverdale?"

"Um..." 

"No way! You have watched it! I never thought THE Austin Park would watch Riverdale"

"What's that suppose to mean?!" I say as I pretend to be offended. 

"I have a question, who do you want Betty to be with?" I pretend to think about my answer. 

"Personally I don't have much of a preference"

"Liar" Camila says automatically. She's about to say something else when the doorbell rings. "I'll get it" 

I watch as she goes to the door and opens it. While she's at the door I decide to look around her living room. It seems nice and cozy. She has a fireplace that doesn't seem like it's been used in a while. There are also pictures of her with her family, some of them are from when she was little. But what caught my eye was a specific picture. It was one of her of when she was little, she was hugging her mom and dad. I had to look at the picture twice because she looked exactly like...Lucy.

Wow...

Her laugh echoes through the house and I walk towards the door to see her and Tyler laughing. 

"Oh hey Austin. I didn't know you were here" Tyler says as he hands Camila the pizza. 

"Yeah. We're working on a project" I say but Tyler just nods. "Do you two know each other?" I ask not being able to control my curiosity. If I must admit, I did feel a tad bit jealous. 

"Yeah. We're actually lab partners" Camila responds. "How do you two know each other?" she asks as she looks between me and Tyler. 

"I deliver pizza to his house all the time" Tyler says with a smile on his face. 

"Interesting" Camila says as she looks at me. "Well here is the money. See you tomorrow" she says as she hands him the money and waves goodbye to him. We walk back inside but instead of being in the living room, we go to her room. We eat the pizza in peace but it's interrupted when a call comes up on her laptop. I silently watch as Camila gets up quickly to accept the call. 

"Hello" she says as Chris' face pops up on her screen. 

"Cami!!!!!!!!" he yells through the screen. "You won't believe-" he begins to say but he suddenly stops. "Is that Austin Park?" 

Hearing my name causes me to turn around and pay attention to their conversation. 

"Yeah. We're actually working on a school project" Camila says as she takes another bite of her pizza slice. 

"Mhm..interesting" Chris says. 

I've always known that Chris hated me. Actually he's had something against me since we were in elementary school. I don't remember ever doing anything to make him hate me, so the reason why is still a mystery to me till this very day. 

"So what's up?" Camila says as she tries to break the awkward silence that Chris created. 

"Nothing. I actually have to go. Lucy is calling me" he says and hangs up the call right away. 

"Lucy?" I ask. 

"Not the little girl from the park. His sister is also named Lucy" Camila answers clearing my confusion. 

We talked for a while about the project and other stuff. Every time I made her smile or laugh, I found myself smiling uncontrollably. The conversation I had with Luke the night before he left kept on lingering in my mind. Although I already admitted to having feelings for Camila, I couldn't believe how easy it was to talk to her. With Savannah it's different, I'm always scared to say the wrong thing because the last thing I want is for her to take it the wrong way and start another fight or argument. But with Camila, if I say the wrong thing she'll yell at me and then make fun of my reaction at her sudden outburst. With Savannah I was too scared to let her know about my opinions, especially if they clashed with hers. Camila on the other hand insists on knowing about my opinions on things, in fact, she won't move onto a different topic unless I state my opinion. 

You shouldn't be comparing the two of them!

What snaps me out of my thoughts is the impact of a pillow hitting my face. 

"Hey! I was talking to you" Camila says as she throws another pillow at my face, but this time I catch it just in time. "I'm sorry I didn't mean it" she says as she stands on her bed. 

"Liar" I say as I throw the pillow back. 

As she's too occupied trying to focus on catching it, I use this chance to run and stand on the bed as well. Camila is about to throw the pillow, but I read her movements too well and hold onto her wrists. She tries to remove her wrist out of my grip, but instead she ends up losing her balance and bringing me down with her. 

Before I know it, my body was hovering over hers and I find my eyes captivated by her hazel ones. My mind begins to go crazy as many thoughts about how I should move flow through it, but it suddenly shuts down completely. I didn't realize it but my face was slowly leaning towards hers. 

And just like that my lips met hers.