Austin

Thursday, November 9th

Cambull High

8:35 a.m

I sit in my seat and focus on my pencil and nothing else. My mind is going crazy and it has been since yesterday. What I did was wrong, I have a girlfriend. But when Camila kissed me back I couldn't control my actions. My mind shut down completely and all I could focus on was her, I didn't care about the consequences or what would come after, I feel guilty now but I can't say I regret what I did.

"Hey Austin. You might wanna calm down with the tapping" Tyler says as he sits in the desk to my left.

"Oh right. Sorry" I apologize. I was so caught up in mu thoughts that I hadn't even noticed what I was doing. The bell has already rung meaning class has officially started, I look around and don't see Camila anywhere.

"It's alright. I hope you don't mind being seen talking to me?" he says as he opens his notebook and a starts writing stuff down.

"Why would I?" I ask bluntly. As much as I want to, I can't focus on our conversation completely because the thought of Camila not here lingers in the back of my mind.

"Oh you know...you're Austin Park and I'm...well I'm me" he says casually, as if it's nothing new to him. I open my mouth to say something in return but Mr. Harrison cuts me off when he begins another one of life lectures.

Class today is the same as any other day, I finish all of my work early and go on my phone. But every now and then I catch a few girls staring. Eventually lunch time comes around and I dread facing Savannah. As I walk into the lunchroom, I see her and Jaden sitting at a different table. Ignoring it, I continue walking until Brandon waves me over to him and some oft he soccer players.

"What's up" I ask as I sit next to him.

"What's up? Really Austin. Doesn't it bother you how close Jaden and Savannah have gotten?" Brandon questions.

"Jaden's my best friend" I state as if it's that simple. I'm not gonna lie, it does bother me, but then the memory of what I did yesterday flashes through my mind.

Fuck.

I know I have to tell Savannah and I would without a second thought, if I wouldn't be hurting Camila in the process. Savannah has had it out for Camila since she transferred here. Back then there was nothing going on between me and Camila, but Savannah already made her life a living hell. I didn't even want to begin to imagine what Savannah would do to Camila if she found out something did happen between us.

"Alright then." I turn to see Brandon roll his eyes at my casual response. I know he's just trying to look out for me, but I don't see Savannah and Jaden's friendship as something to be worried about.

**********

4:02 p.m

As soon as the last bell rung I sprinted out of class and quickly made my way towards Camila's locker. If she came to school that is where I should find her. We both need to talk about what happened yesterday. But to my luck she was nowhere to be found. I waited a good ten minutes but she never came. Something wasn't right, Camila wouldn't miss school because of a kiss. In fact, she'd come to school just to slap me because I kissed her. But she did kiss me back so there maybe, just maybe, I wasn't the only one who wanted the kiss. 

Focus!

I found my feet carrying me out the school doors and in the direction of Camila's house. But something caught my eye, it was Jaden getting into Savannah's car. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious as to where they were going, but right now Camila was all I could think about.

**********

Camila's House

4:40 p.m

After a few minutes of walking/speed walking, I finally made it to Camila's house. I walked up to her door and knocked, but got no response.

What if...

I decide to twist the door knob and watch in shock as the door opens.

Why is it unlocked?

I feel a knot form in my stomach as I walk into the dead silent house. Something definitely wasn't right. I walk up the steps quickly and walked into Camila's room.

There she was in her bra standing in front of her mirror, I was about to cover my eyes and look away when a bruise caught my eye. Some were worse than others, her fair skin had been bruised and it made me feel uneasy. Looking up, we made eye contact through the mirror. My stomach dropped as I stared at her hazel eyes, they seemed broken and sad.

I almost never saw Camila as the fragile type. Sure there were moments when I knew she needed help, but she was always more than capable of handling it herself. This...this was something else. I wanted to go up to her and hold her in my arms, but it wasn't my place to do so. She quickly threw on her shirt and leaned her hands on her desk. 

"What are you doing here?" her head is down and she doesn't even turn to look at me. 

"You weren't at school today, I wanted to see if you were ok- What happened?" I question not being able to hold back my curiosity. 

"Nothing happened. Please leave" Camila says as she looks at me through the mirror. 

"You're hurt." I say firmly. She finally turned around and faced me. Her lilac hair was still bright but her face looked lifeless. She pushed me out of her room until we were by the front door.

"I fell okay. Now leave please" 

"Camila I want to- no. I need to know what happened" I plead but she shows no reaction. 

"I already told you. Don't tell anyone or I will hunt you down. Now leave" she said seriously. I opened my mouth to say something else but she slammed the door right in front of my face. 

I'm still a new friend to Camila. I don't know what she likes and what she doesn't, but I do know of someone who can help me. As I made my way back to my house, I called Luke hoping he could help me. 

I can't tell him about the kiss or about what I just saw.