Austin

Thursday, December 7th 

Austin's House 

5:00 p.m. 

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing. I sit up and grab my phone but I only fully wake up when I realize that it's Luke. 

"Hey" he says in a whisper. 

"Why are you so quiet?" I ask as I walk towards my desk. 

"The baby is sleeping" he whispers into the phone. "So um how's Camila? Never mind I'm sorry, I shouldn't of asked you that. You're with that girl...Havana? Hannah?-"

"Savannah." I interrupt before he goes forever and ever saying random names that could be mistaken with Savannah. 

"Right. Her." He says bluntly. 

"Actually about that...We kind of broke up a few days ago" I confess. 

"Really?! Why?"

"Well..I caught her with Jaden and stuff" I say bluntly. I want to tell him about how I confessed my feelings to Camila but I don't want to get anyone hopes up let alone mine. She rejected me last time because I was Savannah but that's over already and I'm planning on telling her again. 

"Oh right." he says awkwardly. I know Luke doesn't know how to deal with this, which is why I understand why he was rarely in a relationship..that is until now. "Luke!!!" I hear someone yell from his side of the phone. "I gotta bye" he says quickly and hangs up. 

I'm about to put my phone on my desk when I see the screen light up again. It's Camila..

Where are you?

We need to talk.

She had sent that at 12:30 pm during lunch. I forgot to tell her about my suspension. I've spent my time out of school trying to finish all of the school work I was assigned, it's a lot but I don't regret doing what I did. I call her but I get sent straight to voicemail. 

I grab my jacket and walk out the door, heading towards Camila's house. As I walk through the cold air I can see the cloudy sky up above me. It's hasn't snowed recently but I encounter a few patches of snow on the ground every now and then. I walk until I can see her house come into my view. I quickly call her again but to my luck I get sent straight to voicemail, she is either ignoring me or her phone is off. I walk up to her front door and knock, but as I do the door is easily pushed open. The door seems like it's been forced open. Just as I run my hand over the door frame I hear heavy footsteps coming from upstairs. 

Something seems off. I grab my phone, dial 911 and give them her address. I don't give them any specifics on what is actually going on because I'm unsure of that myself. Slowly and quietly, I walk through the dark house until I reach the upstairs hallway. The light to her room is on but I don't hear anything or see any movement. As I approach the room I can see the shadows more clearly. One of the shadows is still and has no movement but the other one is seen pacing back and forth in the room. 

As I finally reach the room I peek into her room.

"Oh you're finally awake" he says as he turns to face her. She seems sleepy and a bit drowsy. "Now we can have that long awaited reunion Cami" he says as he walks closer towards her. He stops right in front of her and stares for a few seconds. She slowly fidgets in the chair only to realize that her hands are tied. 

"I told you that you'd be mine forever" the guy grabs her face and holds a knife on her cheek. I can tell he puts pressure on it because it slowly leaves a cut on her cheek allowing blood to slowly creep out. Her eyes widen in fear as she faces him but we accidentally make eye contact. The guys is too busy wiping her cheek to notice the conversation we're having by only looking into each other's eyes. One thing I know for sure is that she's scared but not as much as I would've imagined. Her facial expressions are blank and dull but her eyes tell another story full of anxiety and fear. I signal for her to remain quiet and she slowly nods her head in agreement.

I sneak my way downstairs without being caught. Looking around the living room I spot a tall lamp. I push over and quickly run out of the front door towards the side of the house. I jump on the tree quickly and climb it until I reach he level of her window. By that time I can see the guy in the living room walking around. My best guess is that he's Camila's ex. 

I jump through her window trying to make the least amount of noise as possible. 

"Are you okay?" I ask her but she just closes her eyes for a few seconds. I grab the knife left on her desk  and pull off the bandana she has in her mouth. 

"You have to leave..please" she begs but I ignore her and cut off one of the ropes releasing her right hand. She moves her wrist around trying to loosen it up. 

"Austin!" was the last thing I hear. 

__________

Two more chapters for the finale..