Austin (Pt. 1)

Tuesday, December 5th

Cambull High

9:00 a.m 

I walk into Mr. Harrison's classroom only to see Camila already in her seat. We make eye contact when I walk in through the door, but she's the first one to look away. The awkward tension between us is undeniable after the conversation we had yesterday, well I guess it was more of a confession and a rejection than a conversation. I make my way to my seat next to hers and just sit there waiting for class to start. 

"Alright class now today is going to be a bit different. Normally I go on and complain about life and how it's a complete bi- excuse me. Life can be difficult at any age. Anyways, what I meant to say was that life can bring many difficulties but it can also be something beautiful. For example, one word. Love." he says as he daydreams as he stares at the wall. "Recently love has come to my attention and I honestly can't believe I never paid attention to it before"

"Mr. Harrison aren't you like forty years old?" someone randomly asks.

"Love has no age" Mr. Harrison states quickly. And at this point he has gone off on a cheesy rant on how beautiful life is. After a while of him talking, I was finally able to tune everything out and focus completely on my thoughts. Every now and then I would turn to see Camila looking out the window lost in her own little world. 

"Camila I just-" I begin to say but she cuts me off. 

"I think it's best if we just leave things how they are. You're with Savannah, she'll rip my head off if she finds out about what happened. As long as you're with her, nothing can happen between us. I don't want to be known as the girl who-" she gets cut off by everyone's phone going off from a message. 

Everyone takes out their phone and we all look at a certain video. The video shows a girl at M.J's, a guy with a clown mask tries to force himself upon her. I try to see who the girl is, but the video is too blurry and there isn't enough lighting. Out of nowhere Camila pushes her chair back and stands up in the middle of class. 

"Camila what are you doing?" Mr. Harrison asks as Camila makes her way towards the door. But she doesn't respond. We all watch as Camila walks out the door slamming it shut on her way out. Mr. Harrison calls out her name, but we hear no response. I quickly gather my things and begin to walk towards the door. "And where do you think you're going?"

"She's my partner for the project" was all I needed to say before Mr. Harrison nodded his head and gave me permission to go after Camila. 

I speed walk down the hallway until I see Camila resting her forehead on her locker. I slowly walk up to her but she doesn't seem to notice me there because I can hear her soft cries. I feel my heart drop to the bottom of my stomach at just seeing how hurt she is, but it's weird because I've never felt like this before. Ever since I said my feelings out loud they became more real. Before I thought I was in love with Savannah but after realizing how I feel about Camila I knew that my feelings for Savannah weren't true love. I was in love with the thought of Savannah, I was in love with the thought of having someone love me for me. 

Camila's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "What are you doing here?" she asks as her hair covers her face, hiding her puffy eyes. 

"What's wrong?"

"Why do you care?"

"Are you really asking me that?" I say as I lean against the locker next to her.

"I'm sorry that was a stupid question"

"Why are you crying? Was it because of the video?" I ask as I watch her to see if she has any reaction. But that's when I noticed a tear hit the ground below her. "You're the girl in the video" my voice trails off towards the end. My mind was spinning like crazy, that guy tried to hurt her and it made me want to punch something or someone, but if I had it my way he'd be in front of me right now. 

Camila just nods her head in response and her hands press on the locker next to her head to keep her standing. I wish I could comfort her but I'm not sure if that'd be the right choice to do. I open and close my mouth hoping to find the right words, but I can't.

"I'm sorry I just need to go" Camila says as she pushes herself off of her locker and begins to walk away, but right before she can go I grab her wrist. 

"Where are you going to go? Everyone you know is in school right now"

"Anywhere but here"

"Camila, let me go with you"

"No...Savannah is here, so you should stay here with her" with that she pulled her wrist out of my grip and left down the hallway. 

I wanted nothing more than to follow her, but I knew that there was something I needed to do here at school. 

----------

A/N:

Hey! I finally found time to update. 

Sorry if there are any mistakes within the chapter ☹️.

I was writing this chapter and I decided to divide this chapter into two parts.

Part two should be out by tomorrow.

Bye!