Sweeter Than Honey

Prompt: Could you write a Shiro x reader where the reader is casually calling Shiro sweetie or hon or something for the first time and him just being like (•///•) please? by @natasha-baggins

Y/N was hard at work fixing some faulty wiring on one of the machines that is used to maintain the lions. She was alone and concentrating intensely until she heard set of heavy footsteps enter the room.

"What are you working on, Y/N?" Shiro asked

Y/N glanced up quickly and smiled a greeting. "Some of the wiring got burnt out last time we used this so I am trying to clean what I can and replace the broken parts." Y/N explained, her e/c refocusing on her task.

"Is there anything I can do to help?"

"Um... I think I've mostly got it. Oh! Could you hand me that screwdriver, please?"

"Sure thing." Shiro retrieved the object and handed it to the woman

"Thanks, Sweetie." Y/N said distractedly, intently focused on putting the tool to work.

She continued to work for several moments before realizing that Shiro staring at her with a not so subtle pink tone to his face.

"What? Do I have grease on my face?" Y/N asked concernedly.

"No, it is just you- um- you called me 'sweetie'" Shiro stammered out, his face turning from pink to red.

"Oh! I am sorry if I made you uncomfortable, it is an old habit of mine and I wasn't thinking. I-"

"It's fine." Shiro interjected. "I just wasn't expecting it. I actually kinda liked it, if I am being honest." Shiro admitted shyly.

"Oh, well that's good." Y/N said fiddling with the tool in her hands.

"You know... You're pretty cute when you're flustered." Y/N said mischievously.

Shiro blushed even redder. "Well, you're pretty cute all of the time." Shiro answered.

"Are you flirting with me, sweetie?" Y/N asked with mock surprise.

"Only if you are flirting back, honey." Shiro said with a smirk

"Okay ,you need to leave." Y/N giggled. "I'm not going to get anything done if we continue on like this."

"Well then, we'll just have to continue this some other time." Shiro said with a smile as he exited the room.

Bonus:

"So... You and Shiro?" Pidge asked slowly as she walked over from where she had been working on her lion. It wasn't that she was hiding, she was just quiet and Y/N hadn't even realized she was there.

"I don't know what you are talking about?" Y/N said quickly, her face turning the same shade of pink Shiro's had.

"Sure, you don't" Pidge smirked. Oh, Hunk is gonna love this.