Radio Waves

Prompt: You said you needed more voltron prompts! Shiro talking to the reader, who he has feelings for, over the comms and before the paladins go on a mission Shiro accidentally says "I love you" to the reader and constantly gets teased by the others afterwards by @natasha-baggins

"Pidge and Keith, you two will hold back and remain hidden. Lance, you and Hunk are with Shiro up front. Be careful, everyone." Y/N's voice said through the comms

"You know we will, babe." Lance flirted.

"Lance, stay focused. Everybody, ready up." Shiro commanded

"Stay safe, Shiro." Y/N said gently.

"You too, Y/N. I love you." Shiro answered

"Love you, too." Y/N said before going off comm.

There was silence over the comms before Lance spoke again. "Hey, Shiro.... How come you never tell us you love us??"

"Knock it off, Lance" Keith said before Shiro could react.

"Nah, I gotta know if the man is playing favorites here." Lance continued to tease.

"Seriously? Why are you doing this, man? For the record, I thought it was really sweet." Hunk cut in.

"Focus, guys, focus." Shiro said, trying to pretend like he wasn't completely mortified at the fact that the other paladins had heard his conversation with Y/N. It wasn't like he meant to say it in front of them, he just forgot they were there.

The mission went smoothly and the paladins headed back to the castle. Y/N ran to greet them and gave Shiro a quick kiss. "Welcome back! You guys did a great job."

"Hey, Y/N why don't you ever give anybody else a kiss? Why only Shiro?" Lance teased

"Well, for starters, Shiro is my boyfriend, but if you insist." Y/N said. She walked straight past Lance and gave Hunk, Pidge, and Keith all kisses on the cheek.

"Did you forget someone?" Lance asked hopefully.

"Hmmm, you're right!" Y/N exclaimed. She walked over to Coran and Allura and gave them both kisses on the cheek. "That's everyone." Y/N said with a shrug.

Keith laughed at the large pout in Lance's face. "Maybe next time you won't make fun of her boyfriend."