You Should Sing My Name (Gender Nonspecific Reader)

Prompt: Shiro/Reader with a non-specific gender reader, with a prompt where Shiro finds the reader singing a song and when he asks them about it the reader reveals it was a song they wrote specifically for Shiro? by

Shiro was walking down the hall when he heard a sound softly float out of room. He paused and listened closely. It was a clear voice singing without the aide of music.

He waited silently until the song ended. Then he slowly opened the door. He saw Y/N sitting on their bed, writing in a notebook.

"Was that you singing, Y/N?" Shiro asked, moving to sit next to them.

"Oh, you heard that?" Y/N said, ducking their head to hide their slightly flushed face

"Yeah, I thought it was really good." Shiro said with a gentle smile. "I didn't recognize what song it was though. What is the title?"

"I- uh- I haven't decided yet." Y/N stammered, blushing harder.

"You wrote it? Y/N, that's amazing! I didn't know you wrote songs." Shiro said in quiet awe.

"Only about stuff that is really important to me." They said shyly.

"So what was that song about? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." Shiro encouraged.

"It was- um- it was about you." Y/N admitted. They sat in silence for several moments, both Y/N and Shiro blushing heavily.

"I don't know what to say, Y/N, I am honored that you would write a song about me." Shiro said. "Do you think maybe you would sing it for me?"

Y/N nodded and started to sing. At first, they were so shy that Shiro could barely hear their voice, but they soon gained confidence until Shiro was blown away by how beautiful they sounded. He sat in stunned silence as he watched them get caught up in their own music. When they finished, they both sat in silence for several moments.

"So.... What did you think?" Y/N asked nervously.

"It was beautiful. There are no words to describe just how much I loved it. Thank you so much. You have no idea how much this means to me." Shiro said with a soft smile.

"I'm glad you liked it. Would you like to hear some of my other songs?" Y/N asked slightly hesitant.

"Only if you tell me that they are about." Shiro teased gently.