Space Parent Trapped

Prompt: Could you write a Shiro x reader where they didn't like each other at first, but in time they realised they were in love? by anon  

"Do you know how stupid that decision was? You could have gotten yourself killed!" Shiro ranted

"Well, I didn't. The mission was a success and nobody got hurt." Y/N argued back.

The other paladins had left the room, but they didn't go far.

"They're at it again." Hunk groaned as he leaned against the wall.

"I just don't understand why they don't just kiss already." Lance whined

"What? They don't even like each other." Keith said.

"Are you blind, Kogane? They have chemistry." Lance sing songed.

"Well, regardless of what they have or don't have, this fighting has to stop." Pidge said with a determined look in her eyes.

"And what did you have in mind?" Hunk asked, slightly scared

"Okay, here is the plan." Pidge started as the others listened closely

Y/N was mad. Mad at the universe for putting her where she was. Mad at Zarkon for trying to conquer everything. Mad at Shiro for yelling at her. And mad at herself for not realizing what was going on before the door closed.

"OPEN UP!" She yelled as she beat on the door to her room.

"Not yet." Pidge answered.

After several moments, the door opened and Shiro stumbled in. The door immediately shut behind him, sealing them both in.

"We are tired of you two fighting all the time. Work things out and we'll open the door. We'll be back in two hours to see how things are going." Pidge explained

"Have fun and don't kill each other!" Coran added from the background. Sounds of movement in the hallway told them they were truly alone.

Y/N sighed angrily and flopped onto the bed.

"So are you going to talk first or am I?" Shiro asked

Y/N sat up and gave him a look. "I don't know what the point would be. 'Yeah, I hate you, but I promise not to yell anymore so that's cool.'" Y/N mocked in a monotone voice.

"Hate you? I don't hate you. I'm just worried about you. You are untrained, you continually put yourself in the line of fire, and then refuse to see what the problem with that is." Shiro explained

"And then you turn around and treat me like a kid. In case you forgot: I'm not one of your paladins." Y/N said angrily "I am a grown woman who is very far from home and in way over her head. I am doing the very best I can, but if I see a dangerous situation and I know what to do, I cannot wait for you to give me the okay before I move."

"I know and that is one of the things I love about you. It just scares me when I don't know what your plan is."Shiro shot back

"Wait, you love me?" Y/N asked, getting up from the bed.

"What? I didn't say that." Shiro said confused.

"Yeah, you kinda did. Holy shit, you are in love with me with me." Y/N said in awe as she watched Shiro blush and fidget.

"Yeah, I guess I am. I'm sorry I yell a lot. I just- I am afraid that I will lose you." Shiro admitted quietly.

"You cannot lose me if you never had me." Y/N teased gently. " But you know what? I forgive you. Because that is what you do when you love someone."

It took several moments for Shiro to realize what Y/N has said.

"You love me too?" He asked, slightly afraid she had been joking.

"Yep. So what is it going to be, Shirogane? Are you gonna ask me out or does the lady have to make the first move?"

Bonus:

Lance and Keith sat quietly in the hallway listening to the conversation inside.

When he heard Shiro ask Y/N out, Lance stood up, punched the air, and then turned to Keith and said " I told you so, Mullet! Now you owe me five buck."