Chapter 5

When the boys got to Stephen's house after an incredibly awkward car ride, neither one knew what to say.

"So I guess we just watch Dipshit and hang?" Stephen offered.

"Works for me." Rain said, and unbuckled his seatbelt.

They got out of the car and Stephen lead them through the front door.

"You're not allergic to dogs, are you?" Stephen checked.

Rain shook his head. "No, but-"

"Okay, good." Stephen said. He opened the door and a big dog jumped up, putting his paws on Stephen's shoulders and licking his face. "Hey Vegas." He said with a laugh. The dog got down and looked over at Rain. He started to sniff his feet.

"What's he doing?" Rain asked nervously.

"He's just smelling you." Stephen said.

"Okay, can you tell him to stop, please?" He shrieked.

"Why? Are you scared of dogs?" Stephen asked, amused.

"Just the big ones that look like they could easily tear every limb from my body." He admitted.

Stephen laughed.

"Cmon, Vegas. Leave Rain alone." The dog got down and retreated to the kitchen.

"Let's go to my room." Stephen offered.

Stephen's room was plain, mainly colored blue with some black. It was very neat, because if it wasn't Stephen would go insane.

"Alright, I'm just gonna do my homework." Rain said, sitting on the ground next to Stephen's bed.

Stephen sat down next to him.

"Okay, me too."

After about 15 minutes of silence, Vegas came trotting in and leaped onto the bed where the boys' backpacks were.

Maybe Vegas thought it was a toy. Maybe he just wanted to play. But to Rain, it would always just be sabotage.

Because Vegas took the doll in his jaw, biting into the soft stomach and shaking his head, tearing it up.

"Vegas, no!" Stephen cried.

"God, why do you hate me?" Rain shouted at the ceiling.

Stephen rushed towards to dog, ripping the baby from him, only for the head to pop off and roll across the room.

"Stephen I didn't get to say hello to you bo-" His mother started saying as she walked into the room. Maybe the baby head rolling across the floor discouraged her from coming in. "Have fun, Stephen." She said nervously and slammed the door shut.

"Think we'll get extra credit for how many dolls we've killed? It's kind of impressive." Rain joked.

"This is not funny!" Stephen yelled.

"Hey, calm down. So we don't get the credit, we'll live." Rain reasoned.

"Maybe you have all A's, but I don't! I needed it." Stephen said angrily. "But we're not out yet." He said, standing up. "I stole the last one, now it's your turn."

"What?" Rain yelped. "I'm not stealing a doll from someone."

"It's time for you to step up. Just take it from Keith and Lance. They're always fighting. They won't notice." Stephen tried.