Let It Snow

Hey guys, I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to read this story! I never thought I'd get to 500 reads, and though it might seem like a small number, it means a lot to me. Thank you guys and enjoy!

Christmas Special

"A little to the left..." Maren said, "No, sorry, I mean the right."

Rain frowned and moved the banner over to the right, his arms shaking from being held up for so long.

"I wish my birthday was on Christmas Eve." said Maren, stepping away from the ladder to grab a cookie from the table.

"I don't." Rain grunted, taping the banner to the wall. "Then people would give me a Christmas-Birthday present, like one present instead of two. Is it centered?"

"No, you went too far." She sighed.

Rain let out a frustrated noise before lurching to the left a little too hard.

"Maren!" He yelled out as he fell off the ladder and landed on his butt. "What happened to holding the ladder steady?" Rain stood up and rubbed his butt angrily.

"Sorry." Maren blushed. "I needed a cookie."

"Well, I hope your cookie was good, now my ass hurts." Rain said, walking carefully to the couch and sitting down.

"Aren't you used to that with Stephen?" She joked.

Rain glared back at her.

"God, you get more like him everyday." She laughed.

"Do you think he'll like it?" Rain asked, glancing around the Christmasy decorations in the living room.

"Sure, everything looks great." Maren offered, but Rain knew it wasn't entirely true.

The 'Happy Birthday, Stephen!' banner was crooked, the tree wasn't very full, the cookies had been slightly burnt, and neither Maren nor Rain were any good at wrapping presents.

All in all, the place was a mess.

"Yeah, right." Rain huffed. The only good thing about the room was the fireplace, which gave off a warm glow. He didn't mind the mistletoe above the doorways, either.

"It's okay, Stephen doesn't have high expectations." Maren smiled. "It's why he's dating you."

"I'm very stressed right now, Maren. You are not helping. Can you, like, call him and see if he's close?"

The doorbell rang, and Rain jumped up from the couch, wincing at the pain in his butt.

"Shit shit shit shit shit." Rain muttered as he made his way to the door.

"Good luck!" Maren grinned as she threw her coat, hat, and gloves on, leaving through the kitchen door.

Rain thanked her for all the help, and finally opened the front door.

"Hey." Rain said nervously.

"What's up?" Stephen asked, leaning in and kissing Rain on the lips while holding a tray of Starbucks drinks.

"Oh, nothing."

"Why all the swearing?" Stephen smiled at him.

"I just hate you a lot." Rain grinned, "Come inside."

Rain hoped Stephen would like it. He wanted this Christmas-Birthday to be special.

"What's this?" Stephen laughed as he walked into the living room. Rain walked up next to him, and seeing that they were under the mistletoe, kissed Stephen on the cheek before sitting on the couch. He patted the spot beside him, and Stephen sat down next to him.

"I wanted this Christmas to be special. Happy birthday."

"It's nice." Stephen grinned, his face turning a bit red. "Thanks."

"And Merry Christmas." Rain added.

"Do you want hot chocolate?" Stephen offered, handing him a Starbucks cup

"Sure." Rain grinned, taking a sip. "What did you do today?"

"I got your Christmas present." Stephen said with a laugh.

"Ooooh." Rain laughed, "I can't wait."

"You're gonna have to." Stephen smirked.

"I love the snow, don't you?" Rain asked, looking out the window.

"Not really. My socks are all wet." Stephen frowned, kicking his boots off to the side.

"I'm sorry, babe." Rain smiled, admiring Stephen's rosy cheeks. "Oh, we have a reservation for dinner at eight."

"Fun." Stephen leaned in and kissed Rain on the lips again, his cool hands still thawing out. He tangled them in Rain's curly hair to warm them up faster.

Rain let out a moan and moved his hands up to Stephen's neck. He kicked his left leg up and placing it on the other side of Stephen, straddling him, both of their faces bright red.

"It's 7:48, you know." Rain gasped, pulling away panting.

"We can go out to dinner tomorrow," Stephen smiled, out of breath, "I think we should stay in tonight."

Rain grinned back and said, "Let it snow."