4. S L E E P T I G H T

Woah. Graphic designer of a villain. Working on an evil organization. That's something Y/N never thought she would be or do. But hey! Y/N is going to get paid. That's what matters. Right...? But, anyway, there she was.

Dr. Flug showed almost all of his amazing inventions to the girl - she kept asking questions, curious as a child, which Flug thought was totally adorable -, but Black Hat interrupted and commanded, well, shouted, to the poor scientist to keep doing whatever weapon he was supposed to do, as fast as possible.

The villain then disappeared with a snap of his fingers and Flug apologized for that. He promised to show Y/N more of his stuff on his free time. Whenever that will be.

The girl got out of the lab with a frown. She was frustrated with her boss's behavior. She kept questioning herself the reason why Black Hat had to be so rude all the time.

Looking around Y/N realized she didn't know what she should do, so she decided to knock Black Hat's office door and ask what she was supposed to do now.

The girl waited for some minutes but Black Hat didn't answered at all. Then she hesitantly placed her hand on the door knob and opened it slowly, kind of afraid that the villain would shout at her for entering his office without his permission.

She cautiously looked inside the crimson room and found something she wasn't expecting to see.

Black Hat was sitting on his chair and laying his head and arms on the desk; snoring lightly as he holds a pen with his right gloved hand. Piles and piles of paper gathered on the desk and on the floor.

"Does he even needs to sleep?" Y/N thought to herself. Well, that it seems.

Then the girl remembered the conversation she had with Flug a while ago.

"Well, Jefecito has a strong personality," Flug explained to Y/N, indifferent. She thought it was kind of cute the way he refers to Black Hat as 'Jefecito', which literally means 'little boss' in spanish. Thank God Y/N learned to speak spanish in her childhood.

Flug seems to respect - and fear, at the same time - his own boss too much."I've known him for a long time, you see. I've been with him at his best and worst."

"Then, what you're telling me is that he is not... bad?" Y/N asked confused.

"No - it's not that way. He is... complicated. He is proud of being a villain and like to show it a lot. But he is not bad at all once you know the true Black Hat." Flug tried to explain. But only got Y/N more confused.

"You know..." Y/N said nervously, looking at her hands. "Yesterday I decided to know more about Black Hat and the organization, so I searched it and got a lot of negative results. He seems really evil..."

"I even try to act happily around him, but the truth is: I am kind of afraid of him."

Flug stared at the girl for a moment. "O-oh, that's understandable for anyone who haven't spent enough time with him..." he adjusted his goggles and chuckled. "But, believe me, he's not as bad as it seems. If he was, you really think that he would let Demencia and 5.0.5 stay here? They are not necessary to him. But, yet, they live here."

"Uh..." that's something Y/N couldn't answer.

Getting out of her own thoughts, Y/N looked at Black Hat again. He looks so tired. She felt slightly pity for him. Then the girl had an idea.

Tiptoeing, Y/N got out of the room and searched for 5.0.5. She found him watching kids cartoons and asked for a blanket - the bear probably thought it was for herself -, and he happily gave one to her. Y/N thanked him and he answered with a warm smile.

Silently, Y/N went back to the office and saw that Black Hat was still sleeping almost like peacefully.

She walked slowly to his chair and placed the blanket around his back carefully. The villain moved slightly but kept on his deep sleep.

Y/N placed her hands on her knees and got down to take a closer look on his face, smiling in the process. She wished she could see Black Hat being this peaceful more. Preferably when he's awake.

Y/N chuckled and got closer, planting a kiss on the place where his nose was supposed to be.

Yeah...

...Maybe Black Hat is not bad at all.

⋅ ⋆ ❦ ⋆ ⋅

Black Hat woke up sort of shocked and scratched his eye.

He turned his gaze at the clock on the wall. "Oh, great. I've been asleep for hours. And I still have lots of paper to be done..." he thought.

The villain got up and felt something soft sliping from his back and reaching the ground. He looked down and got even more confused. "A blanket? I don't remember even getting one..."

The villain then looked at his desk and saw a purple note. He grabbed the note and read it out loud.

"Sorry, sir, but you seemed to be needing some rest so I didn't woke you up. I baked some brownies for you. Get them on the kitchen. I hope you like 'em. :) - Y/N." Black Hat wasn't expecting that.

"So it was the human girl..." he mumbled quietly, sitting back on the chair. "Why would she do something like that?"

Black Hat kept wondering. But the answer wouldn't come so soon.

Black Hat walked to the kitchen silently. He was... thoughtful. Why would a human girl try to be nice to him? He don't remember being nice with her.

And... why would he feel slightly, just slightly, pleased by her simple actions?

...Damn, no.

He absolutely hates those kind of feelings.

From far Black Hat could listen Y/N's voice, chatting excitedly with someone who wasn't really replying with words. "5.0.5..." he thought.

The villain entered the room abruptly, grumpy expression on his face, causing Y/N and 5.0.5 to jump with fear. Both were sitting on the table, drinking tea - which poor 5.0.5 spited out on the table.

"O-oh, hello, sir! Fancy seeing you here!" Y/N laughed nervously. She quickly got up and searched for something, Black Hat watching every move carefully.

"Here are the brownies!" the girl gave a bag full of brownies to Black Hat, smiling widely.

Black Hat looked down at the bag and then back at her face. "I don't need to eat."

Y/N's smile faded and she looked down. "Oh... okay, then... I'll just eat 'em in my room while I listen to My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy..."

Black Hat raised an eyebrow, confused at what she said. "I said I don't need to eat, but it doesn't mean I won't eat."

Her smile quickly came back. "Really?!"

He sighed tired, almost giving up. "Just give me those damn brownies."

Y/N couldn't hold herself anymore, so she hugged him tight again, making Black Hat cringe. 5.0.5 smiled, leting out an "awn...".

"STUPID HUMAN, I ALREADY TOLD YOU TO NEVER HUG ME!"

"SHUT UP AND LET ME HUG YOU!"

"BRAT, WATCH YOUR MOUTH WITH ME!"