14. F R A G M E N T S [season finale]

[Please, play the song now. It's like a... soundtrack? Oh, well. Enjoy the chapter and the beautiful song.]

Bringing someone back to life isn't that hard. It's just the same as fixing a broken plate - but using magic, of course - to make the plate come back to its previous state.

But... a plate isn't a living being (or used to be). To bring Y/N back to life would mean to make her go back into the state she was before Black Hat met her. It meant that she would forget everything. Everything about him, about Flug, Demencia and 5.0.5.

The villain stared at the face of his beloved once more before making an important and hard decision. Somehow, Black Hat couldn't bare to be selfish. This time... he was not going to think about himself first.

His mind was aching from thinking. Black Hat was going to bring Y/N back, even if she wouldn't remember him anymore. Even if it would mean a life away from her, he was fine with it. All he wanted now was... Y/N to be happy.

Touching Y/N cold skin, Black Hat's magic flowed through her body. Bringing back the color and warmness, the breathing and heart beat, taking away all the good and bad memories.

"With this I fix your life and your heart," Black Hat says as a spell. His eyebrows are frowned with both angst and hesitation. "...I long to be with you but you are better without me."

The villain planted one last kiss on Y/N's lips, wishing to be with her for some more time.

"May the thin laces of destiny allow us to find each other again."

Those words echoed in the room like a gentle whisper. But no one ever listened.

⋅ ⋆ ❦ ⋆ ⋅

It's been months - almost a year - and everything was extremely boring. After that incident, Black Hat didn't felt any will to torture a hero or destroy cities. Destroying cities would have been fun with Y/N, but she was kind of a chaotic good person.

Black Hat knew that Y/N was becoming quite popular with her cartoon show. She truly was perfect for the job. He watched her interviews and such, that was the only way to see her. She looked so happy. The villain wanted to be with her so much but he couldn't just go and mess her life. Not again.

5:32PM. Growling irritably, the villain walked by a huge crowd downtown to go to an electronics shop. Don't ask. Besides heroes, crowds are one of the things that Black Hat hates the most. Busy people walking around and not looking at who they bump into - disgusting! Humans are disgusting, after all.

His way was somewhat normal, until he saw something in the crowd - someone, actually. Someone he's been willing to see for a long, long time. Forgetting about anything else, his eyes went wide and he started to follow Y/N incontiently.

The girl was wearing some "bossy" clothes, fitting her body perfectly, and her hair was way longer now. Very hot-AHEM!- cute indeed. She seemed tired though, she must have been working a lot.

Black Hat followed Y/N until she stopped by a bridge, supporting her elbows on the railing, where she stood quiet just watching the sunset.

The villain slowly approached her, hesitant if he should talk to her or not. But he didn't need to.

"You've been following me for a while now," Y/N said, not even looking directly at Black Hat. "Are you a stalker or something? I have a knife with me."

"What?" Black Hat was caught by surprise. Her voice was the same yet a little different. "No, I'm not. I mean... I just thought you were someone I know. You look a lot like... her."

"Is that so?" she said as she looked at the villain, raising an eyebrow and smiling. Y/N then gazed back at the sunset. "To say the truth... you remind me of someone, too. I don't know who, though. It's like someone I've only met in my dreams."

"You must have seen me on TV, I'm a famous villain, you know," Black Hat proudly said, wearing his usual grin.

"I bet!" Y/N laughed, doubting. "I actually like villains. Heroes aren't fun."

Black Hat enjoyed hearing Y/N's laugh again. "You have a nice laugh, miss...?"

She finally turned her body to Black Hat. "I'm Y/N L/N."

"Hm? Not a bad name for a human." he grinned.

"And you would be?" she asked curious.

"I'm Black Hat, the greatest villain, at your service." Black Hat introduced himself with a bow.

"Hey, Black Hat?" Y/N called him. The villain stared at the beautiful scene in front of him.

The sunset was gloaming behind her as the wind gently swung her hair. She smiled at him - that same kind and sweet smile of hers -, her hands behind her. "Wanna be friends?"

Black Hat sighed, finally truly smiling. "I would love to."

_______

Oh my. This is ~not~ the END

Gosh, thank you for being here with me for all this time. I seriously can't thank you guys enough. This is not a goodbye. See you guys (soon) 💜